Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drink Driving...DO YOU DO IT ? ? ?

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    If you got knocked down crossing a road, would a Garda ask you "What was your reason for crossing the road ?"

"I was just following the chicken officer"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I had 2 bottles of beer over 5 hours and drove home after a party the other night.

Fuck me for being so irresponsible.

Also, NA beer is for wimmins.

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    What possible relevance is that question (even assuming that you're not talking about sucking on some Yogi, Boo-boo, etc) ?

How will it even remotely impact / affect / change the fact that I am currently a responsible, law-abiding citizen ? :rolleyes:

If you got knocked down crossing a road, would a Garda ask you "What was your reason for crossing the road ?"
    I'm just asking a question, ignore it all you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

I drive, but I don't drink, so no.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Formosa

I drove into town last night, had 10 pints and a few small lads, woke up this morning and the car was parked tidily outside.

Does it count if you can't remember it?

Although I think I was reponsible and pushed it home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I'm just asking a question, ignore it all you want.

I'm only ignoring it because it's not relevant to the discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

a lot of high horses in this thread..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Well do you do it ???

sure i drink and ride at the same time.

all the time.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

flanum wrote: »
    a lot of high horses in this thread..
    Neigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

How the tide has changed when it comes to drink driving. Years ago it was something people would boast about. It was seen as the "macho" thing to do. Now, it's like drug dealing, and rightly so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

I never had a drink and drove, wasn't an issue at all then i hit 25 and drove with drink on me for nearly four years, I'd say I must have done it well over 200 times. I gave up drink driving 6 months ago. Totally ashamed off what I did, I wasn't at the time.

Why did I do it. Tbh Up until I was 25 I was a nice person then things happened and I turned into a total asshole.

Things have changed for the better now and I have returned to my former self.

What I have learned is that you will not be able to stop someone drink driving, they will just do it another time.

I was never in an accident and always had 6 pints or more. God must have been looking down as I never crashed.

Stopping driving with alcohol in my system was the hardest thing I have done, will I do it again, hopefully not, I get stronger everyday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

kermitpwee wrote: »
    I never had a drink and drove, wasn't an issue at all then i hit 25 and drove with drink on me for nearly four years, I'd say I must have done it well over 200 times. I gave up drink driving 6 months ago. Totally ashamed off what I did, I wasn't at the time.

Why did I do it. Tbh Up until I was 25 I was a nice person then things happened and I turned into a total asshole.

Things have changed for the better now and I have returned to my former self.

What I have learned is that you will not be able to stop someone drink driving, they will just do it another time.

I was never in an accident and always had 6 pints or more. God must have been looking down as I never crashed.

Stopping driving with alcohol in my system was the hardest thing I have done, will I do it again, hopefully not, I get stronger everyday.

Fair play for turning your life around. It takes alot and I hope you can keep it up. I'm sure you will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

kermitpwee wrote: »

I hear its harder to kick than Heroin? Go You!! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

If you are drink and then drive, you should speed up so you spend less time driving while drunk.

Advertisement