Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 up Christmas on ice v Cork on Ice

Options
  • 29-11-2009 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey,

Has anybody been to the rink off Barrack St or near the marquee?

I'm wondering which is better......I live near Barrack St and have a promo code for it but i imagine the other is bigger and better :confused:

Anyone got a promo code for Cork on Ice at the Marquee???

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 scubaduba

was in 7up on ice in barrack st last fri nite. staff were really unfriendly and unhelpful, ice didnt look great, brown and slushy. there was about 6 people skating, and the staff member on the ice was too busy texting on his phone than looking out for people on the ice. I heard they got their water straight from the lee and just froze it( think barrack st had no water), explaining the dirty colour of the ice...cant imagine that is too healthy...

Got a few complimentary passes for Cork on Ice in town the other day. Headed down on Sat and had a good laugh, much bigger than 7up. They were offering free Curling for the weekend so had a bash off that too, a guy from the Curling association of Ireland (didnt know there was one) showed us the ropes and we had a game...most random sport ever but such a laugh!

Dont have a discount but I think its cheaper anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭19hz

Hey,

Ive been to both as I'm a professional figure skater..

7up have a coffee machine, cork on ice have loads of food stalls with nutella crepes and o connells choc(loving sigh*) and others..

Ice was pretty good at cork on ice, and you can park at cork on ice.. theres no parking by barricks street..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

19hz wrote: »
    Hey,

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

The cork on ice one is much better. A lot bigger, better skates and free car parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

I've been to Cork on Ice twice this year and I really enjoy it; the rink is a good size, the staff are helpful, the stalls are a nice touch and the parking is handy. I've heard nothing but negativity from anyone who has been to 7Up on Ice on Barrack Street...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

How would one get to cork on ice from town? Is it far out enough to bus it or is it walkable?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Its about 15 minute walk from the bus station, next to Páirc Uí Chaoimh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭Fabio

I enjoyed the 7up one myself but can't compare it to the Cork on Ice place, never been there...

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭19hz

Patricide wrote: »
    How would one get to cork on ice from town? Is it far out enough to bus it or is it walkable?

heres a map.. 10min walk from city hall..

http://www.corkonice.com/Venue_Map.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

19hz wrote: »
    Hey,

WOW! That's amazing!

And a medical professional too...

You truly are a super hero!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Don't bump a year old thread to have a go at a poster. I'm not infracting you as I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't notice the age of the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement