Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any RNLI Crew members here?

Options
  • 29-11-2009 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Just wondering.
    This would be an Ideal place network..
    Where are you Stationed?
    Type of Boat etc..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kevoiddy

Yes I am a R.N.L.I crewmember. Stationed in Galway with an Atlantic B 75 class. Also train in plymouth with a Severn class and a Atlantic B 75 class.u?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭400R

Not a member of RNLI and don't mean to be hi jacking the thread but would be interested to hear more about the service. IMO it doesn't get the attention it derserves. So come on...take the stage and tell us all about it and give us a few piccies as well!

Keep up the good work...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭The Shark

Stationed in Tramore myself..
    We have an IB1 been on the crew for 8 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

Hi,
    I'm not a member either, but am interested in becoming a member (crew member).
    I wear glasses/contact lenses. Is that an issue? I'm 38; too old? I live about 20 mins from the lifeboat launch. Too far? I work long hours so am not always available. How do you work around that?
    I hope you don't mind the questions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

great service, very professional and not nearly enough credit for the work they do, probally the toughest job in the emergency services when the crap hits the fan with the conditions they have to work in to save lives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭The Shark

dmaxontour wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm not a member either, but am interested in becoming a member (crew member).
    I wear glasses/contact lenses. Is that an issue? I'm 38; too old? I live about 20 mins from the lifeboat launch. Too far? I work long hours so am not always available. How do you work around that?
    I hope you don't mind the questions.

They say to be within 3 miles of the station If your intrested,
    (Not sure about other stations)
    It depends what kind of boat the station has for retirement age.
    Best thing to do would be to find out when the training nights are on and pop along and see what its all about.
    Theres plenty of shore work to be done too.

"Not a member of RNLI and don't mean to be hi jacking the thread but would be interested to hear more about the service. IMO it doesn't get the attention it derserves. So come on...take the stage and tell us all about it and give us a few piccies as well!

Keep up the good work...wink.gif"

Thanks nice to hear it, Will get some pics up soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kevoiddy

Hi all i have a picture here of the Galway lifeboat and I also have a video on youtube during the volvo ocean race of the irish coastguard winching off the severn class lifeboat. Unfotunetly the winch was cancelled due to the performance problems. Its a very good quality video.

2583344803_6e1e50cb20.jpg

Thats the video link. Hope everyone enjoys. If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me or just post questions on the thread.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

For anyone interested in working in a full time and salaried capacity
    http://twitter.com/RNLIjobs

Advertisement