Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5530 or 5800

• 29-11-2009 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I desperately need a new phone, as I'm still using a SE W910i, which is the most unreliable phone ever.

I'd like a Meteor, Pay As You Go phone. The only main thing I want is reliability, like, that it doesn't always freeze, jam and reset and that my texts will actually send.

Think I'd like a touchscreen phone, with a decent camera, Bluetooth, Mobile Internet (these both have Wi-Fi) which is a plus and an MP3 player on it, oh and with good storage.

I reckon I could just about afford the 5800 which is €220 or I could just buy the 5530 for €140. Is there much of a difference between the two phones? Are they both reliable? Is there any other better phone I could get instead of them?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

I reckon I could just about afford the 5800 which is €220 or I could just buy the 5530 for €140. Is there much of a difference between the two phones? Are they both reliable? Is there any other better phone I could get instead of them?

Cheers

5530 has a slightly smaller screen, and no 3G. Otherwise, they're pretty similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Reckon I'll be getting the 5530 so. Cheers.

Can 3G video call be used on Meteor? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Reckon I'll be getting the 5530 so. Cheers.

Can 3G video call be used on Meteor? :confused:

Yeah I tried it up in Galway, on the new RBS 6000, but I reckon it should work anywhere they have 3g.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Grand job. Ehm, are both phones similar to text on?

And what way does the GPS work on the 5800?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

5530 ain't got 3G video calling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

The lack of 3G is only a minor thing to hold back on this. Granted, 3G internet is very handy when around the city, but personally when I go home to Galway, I don't really miss it so much. And as mentioned, the 5530 has wifi anyway.

Two friends have both and both love each phone, so i'm gonna jump on the 5530 this week.

Advertisement