Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belated Thanksgiving cornbread search

Options
  • 29-11-2009 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hosting a delayed turkey day for friends and family next weekend and want to wow the table with this recipe:
    http://www.thibeaultstable.com/2009/11/my-favourite-cornbread.html

I'm stumped as to where I can find corn meal though... and will margarine work as a shortening?

Help me, for the love of all that turkey!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I'm assuming you're in Dublin, unless you mean "south side" as in munster?:p

You'll find corn meal surprisingly in the Asia market in Drury St., Dublin City.

As for shortening, you can buy it in most supermarkets sold in a white block called "Cookeen".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Yep, most Asian shops will stock it. Make sure to get the coarse kind, not the fine stuff. You can also use bacon fat instead of shortening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bridget.laitly

Eviledna wrote: »
    ]
    You'll find corn meal surprisingly in the Asia market in Drury St., Dublin City.
    Yep, most Asian shops will stock it. Make sure to get the coarse kind, not the fine stuff.

Cheers guys!
    I'm off into town (the South Side... of Dubln :-p) shortly and will check the Asian market! Wouldn't have thought to look there...

Advertisement