Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too old?

Options
  • 29-11-2009 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Am i too old to learn to skate(board) now? I'm 25. I'm a big lad though play rugby.
    what sort of board should i get to start out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Never too old!

Depends on what you want to learn? For tricks or just cruzing around? or both?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

As said, never to old.
    Best thing to do is to pop into your local skate shop and talk to the lads in there about what to get.
    Explain what you want to do and what your budget it and they will recommend the best board for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭flanno_7hi

Just wanted it for cruzin. maybe learn how to ollie eventually :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

For cruising it's all about long boards man.
    These, instead of these.

I've been riding short boards for years and I seriously want to switch to long boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Yup I'm afraid you're definatley too old for Rugby.

Skateboarding though 25 is a good age to start , I'm afraid your still 5 years too young for some of the recent skate events (Movember mash up last friday at Unit 13 - over 30s only).
    Shaggy - 40 - :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

never too old to start skatin:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

nope im 28 and i skate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i wonder how OP's getting on :)

but nah, im 21 and started skating this year, love it. i do wish i'd started when i was younger and had less fear and falling didnt seem to have the potential for ligament/tendon/cartilege injury, but definitely not too late to start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

at 38, i hopped on one two weeks ago for the first time. the joys of unemployment in australia :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

not too old at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭tommy666

i skated when i was 13 till 16 got injured had to stop am now 18 starting again never too old to start skating, just my problem none of my old skate buddies still skate so hate skate alone but still skate lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I started skating at 21 wish I had started earlier because I absolutely love it. I don't do anything to mad though, can cruise around ok and got my first kick turn in greystones skatepark :cool: Go me! The only reason I don't do it more often is lack of skate buddies. How many girl skaters are out there I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 PlayMusiC.SCT

Ive been thinking the same thing . Im 26 I would love to take it up aswell , my friends have no interest tho maybe thats whats influenced me to stay away from it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 JCskatepunk

I started skating just last year. I'd thought about it before, but the skater dudes over here in Michigan can be real d*****bags sometimes, so that kept me away for a while.

Advertisement