Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a good sewage company/plumbing assistance in Cork?

Options
  • 29-11-2009 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

We have a system that lets a certain amount of sewage build up in our drain in the yard. A pump then churns this up and sucks it up to street level. Problem is the pump is continuously breaking down (out of warranty now also). Spent an hour trying to fix it to no avail. Bloody pissed off so I am. 5 of us in house dozens of loads of washing after floods to do and now cant do a thing. The sewage allowance in drain is very high, only about a days worth of usage in it. So can anyone recommend a cork company that can possibly take pump apart to unblock it and/or install a new and better system (and even how much would this cost?) Bizarre to post this here but someone might know. At wits end with the blasted thing. Broke down day before Xmas eve last year, almost no Christams at home but got it working in end. My buddy and me spent two hours taking it apart due to numerous and awkwardly placed bolts, not keen to repeat this and no guarantees it will work. Argh!:o Any ideas who to call/what to do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

I've sent you a message, forgot to mention, the system you have is fairly unique and not many plumbers have experience with them. You might find difficulty in finding an experienced person. If its a submerse sewer pump you have, maybe try contacting people who work with submerse pumps, fresh water well drilling companies etc.

[EMAIL="http://www.drain-systems.co.uk/category/41"]http://www.drain-systems.co.uk/category/41[/EMAIL]

Check out that site, towards the bottom you'll see the one I was talking about in the message, its got two pumps and a hand (primer) pump. I've fitted one of these in a busy pub with basement toilets, 3 to 4 years later, never one phone call. Almost sure it came from DPL, not sure if they are in Cork. If you looking at changing the system some time in the future, their is no better way.

Best of luck.

Advertisement