Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

False eyelashes

Options
  • 29-11-2009 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

False eyelashes in Galway,where to go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Claire's, Accessorize, any chemist.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Theres a place in Liosban who do the actual extensions that last a couple of weeks.

Blush on middle street do a fab range and will apply them for you, either strips or individual ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 unachicagilmore

If you're not confident in applying false eyelashes yourself, BeADiva on Upper Abbeygate st. will do them for €15 and takes 15 mins. I've used them twice recently and great value IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

As mentioned previously for false individual or strip lashes Blush is a good bet. The strip lashes will only last a night, you may get 2/3 days out of the individual falsies but it really depends on the person tbh.

Extensions are more permanent; takes about an hour to get a set on; need to be filled every 2 weeks or so(again person dependant). The Parlour on Merchants road is probably the best place in town to get them done tbh. They're lovely but tbh they wreck your own lashes; they really do. Some great strip lashes around at the mo; most chemists have the 'Girls aloud' ones which are excellent. They do just as good a job tbh. I had the extensions for a long time but I got really tired of the damage they did to my own and now I use the strip ones instead; think they're great. Cheap as chips aswell.

If you are using the homekits yourself don't use the glue that comes with the packs; go to the MAC counter in BT and buy some of the DUO adhesive. It's a much better glue. Trick to getting them on right is to let the glue go tacky; once you do that the rest is simple. A slant edged Tweezerman tweezers(or similar) helps the process a lot as well, particularly for the individual stic on lashes. Best to buy the cluster of individual lashes if you want to go that route. The single type are just awkward.

Good videos on the subject to be found on Youtube too:)

I know far too much about these things:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

The MAC cosmetics counter does great false lashes too, and will apply them for you if you need the help. New look does some of the "Star gazer" range of lashes, which are cool - Blush does great ones, including really fancy outrageous lashes!
    I had the extensions put on a oupleof weeks ago - not the full set, which look a bit fullon, but the "flicks" - loved em! Wish they lasted more than 2 weeks though...

• Advertisement
Advertisement