Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think we finally have a team

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

mickman wrote: »
    gareth barry was / is a lot more professional than berbatov. if we had made him stay then he would have gone on strike and would be just costing us money while sitting on the bench drawing his wages

Is that you Daniel? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

yiddo wrote: »
    Is that you Daniel? ;)

ha ha very funny

i know we beat villa last year at villa park but at that stage villa were in freefall and we were lucky enough. in my opinion we played a stronger villa side on saturday and played better against them then when we wont at villa park last season

oh and thank god we didnt buy kevin doyle. he would have been like chris armstrong or gary doherty up front for us. i just cant rate the man at all

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Anyway, back on topic...
    that can sustain a challenge on champions league qualification and maybe even sneek a domestic cup.

Lots of positives Shane, Lennon had a relatively quiet game but it's a measure of the player he is that MON sent Ashley Young out as a 2nd full back because of Lennon's threat.

Modric coming back, and King/Woody fully fit will give us a few decent options, if Harry gets to spend in January (someone decent for the centre alongside Wilson) I think we'll be there or there abouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Next few games are massive for us and 3 points a must against a depleted everton and a free falling wolves I really fancy our chances against wolves because they like to get the ball down and move it around which is ideal for us City is a huge game and so is Blackburn and there physicality
    I'd like the club to hit the mid 70's points wise this season don't know if that possible but i hope

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

really do believe this is the year we WILL do it, liverpool are a complete different team to what they were last year, there isnt a game in the next 6 league matches which i dont see us winning theres a really good chance to knock United out considering they wont have there starting 11 and there manager to back them up:D
    the only thing im worried about is near the end when we have aresenal chelsea and united in succession:mad: which means we have to keep ahead of the others trying to compete for 4th place in case we lose all 3 hopefully we could snatch 4 points since we have 2 of them at home!
    so far this has been spurs' most exciting year we look very strong even without one of are best players and for the majority of the year are two main CBs
    we need to focus on the next 6 try not to make many mistakes and we should get at least 12 points:D

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Looks like Pav is off to Roma now which is good, never really rated him anyway. Will be interesting to see who Harry brings in to replace him. Think we really need a proper partner for Palacios in the centre to make us real challengers but otherwise we have never had a stronger team in living memory. Future is looking very rosy! COYS!

id take 8 mill for pav in fairness. dont think we need any players in january

Jenas and palacios have a lot of yellows so I'd like Yaya Toure or if this Sandros guy really is that good i'd be delighted to have him too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

that can sustain a challenge on champions league qualification and maybe even sneek a domestic cup.

Other teams genuinely fear us. You can see it in their play, even away from home. Villa yesterday was a great example of this. It's great to see.

Exciting (and nervy) times ahead.

i agree completely i genuinely believe we have a real chance this season,injuries is the only factor that will really hamper progress hopefully after the glut of injuries we can keep at least two centre halves off the physios table and we are still short of a consistent midfielder who can do the simple stuff right every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

id take 8 mill for pav in fairness. dont think we need any players in january

think we need a top up in jan - our great bench had to be used against arsenal and they were brutal (bentley pav) we should replace what we sell in january. i think we could do with a left back

I was thinking about it and Redknapp earlier in the year asked for five years at the club to really cement us in the top 4 Now i'm a huge Redknapp fan almost as big as I was a martin Jol fan but i'd love to see him here for 5 years and if we are to become a great team again It is going to hinge on Redknapps ability to keep our top players I really hope to see us take our place amongst Europes elite sooner rather then later.

i dont think harry would take any crap from levy. if levy wanted to sell modric then harry would just say if you do then im gone. i dont think levy can risk that considering the turn around harry has brought

i dont think harry would take any crap from levy. if levy wanted to sell modric then harry would just say if you do then im gone. i dont think levy can risk that considering the turn around harry has brought
    Your at the desk at work again today:)

I really hope so and I hope we can start bringing our own players through the academy that said if we make the top four Levy will back harry in the market in the summer to insure we have the quality and the numbers to challenge in all competitions.

I think if this sandro guy doesn't turn into another Lucas then the only thing we need is a better partner for Defoe up front our own Torres/Drogba an all rounder

reports today say that roma dont want a cash deal for pav, they want to give us baptista ...aaghh

reports today say that roma dont want a cash deal for pav, they want to give us baptista ...aaghh
    Don't know anything about him except did he not play for Arsenal?

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/news/premierleague/generalnews/redknapp-eyes-top-four-breakthrough-776080557.html
    Redknapp says Dos Santos isn't going anywhere he wants him to stay at the club, Modric back in a few weeks on the Sandro deal "levy is well down the road on that one" and he's looking for another keeper

Advertisement