Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else still not gotten into studying?

Options
  • 29-11-2009 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering am I the only one up **** creek here, or do we've a big yacht. Still haven't gotten into the routine of studying, got Xmas exams tomorrow and I've no idea how well I'm going to do. Ironically I'm aiming to get law :P. anyone else as laid back as I am? Or should I be worried :P

(Hoping to pick it up all up after Xmas)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Arrr a fellow sailor be me! /Pirate talk

Yeah I've a week before Xmas exams so I'll try and start this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Welcome aboard, did you bring a paddle? And what're you aiming for? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Science in UCD or Physics with Astronomy & Space Science in UCD. So Im aiming around 400

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Same here! I meant to do loads of study this weekend, but only studied classics :(
    I fell into the trap of going on the computer "for a few mins" and spending the whole day on it not actually doing anything!
    I have a long weekend next week and am planning to treat the days as if I was in school and study using my timetable as a guide, not sure if its gonna work though!

ya, it's not looking as good as it should be. tbh, I'm waiting for the game to be up. You know, mother realising I've done sweet **** all. Parent teacher meetings are week after exams (oh goody), and the shocking realisation I'm boned :P, then of course we get into january, and I realise I've 4 months to go :). Waterfall ahead lads :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

I was horrified to learn the other day that the mocks are in February :(

I realised that as well, 6 weeks after xmas though. it ain't too bad. enough time like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭laura93

I haven't at all and we don't have Christmas exams, so I'm kind of just like, "Oh, I'll study soon", but I've been saying that since October
    Doesn't really count as study, but this week I'm hoping to make a good start on my History special topic and learn some French oral stuff since my teacher is doing mock orals with us atm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I forgot my paddle =/

I literally have't studied at all. And to be honest I haven't been tht worried about it. Ah well. I aim to get into it after christmas. Well, that's the plan anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Can I come aboard?

I am fantastic at procrastination and I still haven't started revision so I think I'd be a very able part of the crew. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jesus!tony

Arrr all aboard the dossers boat. I never procrastinate thats why I am starting tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Im coming aboard!
    I just so busy with homework and feel drained!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Feeky Magee

Doing my homework will be step one...

I shall probably start studying around late March/early April.

Least I'm honest. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

I'm slowly moving into it but not great...and hell I'm only aiming for around 350-360 points for my course((Government)) which would totally suit me and I ahve too study as much as the people going for 500+ in my school,Im not retarded,just not great with school work :p,Ser the other day my Japanese teacher told me that at the rate I'm at now I'd fail Ordinary lvl...blah have to study for that really ahrd but theres only honours class.
    Astronomy & Space Science in UCD

I'd love to do that but the physics side would just confuzzle me...pfft Love Astronomy and the likes but ask me to do the maths and I'd be the first one out :o

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Can I come aboard?

No panic!.. Sure we've still got 7 months... right? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Yeah but take away weekends and holidays and days you wouldnt study....wer f**ked!:eek: :D

Mhh lets see a min of 9 hrs of after school weekday study not including friday and add up around 4 months exluding weekends is 76 days x by the 9 hours is only 684 hours of study!!!! IN HINA THEY ARE WHIPPED INTO MADATORY STUDY!!!!!!....*Cough*um excuse me brainmelt..carry on :p

I need to get aleast a 90H80H,2 60H,70H and I'd be sorted!!!!.I have to work like medicine pees for that :(...I know repeating but I cant stop emphasizing it!!!!

Oh and class tests are stupid!

Can I come aboard?

No panic!.. Sure we've still got 7 months... right? :p
    blah, there or there abouts :P we'll be fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 paperheart

It's not the end of the world if you don't get the points, there's always FAS :D.

paperheart wrote: »
    It's not the end of the world if you don't get the points, there's always FAS :D.
    Hmm... Lead a boat over a waterfall.... Fas.... I really can't decide which is more appealing :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement