Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

green card lotto photo

Options
  • 29-11-2009 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I'm just looking for some advice here. I'm trying to apply for the Green Card lotto and I"m getting stuck with the ID photo. It can't be any bigger than 62 kb and 600 by 600 pixels. I have photoshop and I'm finding it impossible to get a pic down to this size and maintain quality. If anyone has gone through the lottery before I'd really like to know how they went about this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Try saving as jpeg, png or gif and see which is best. Although check which file types are available.

Do you want to post the pic so people can edit it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mark dollard

JPEG is the only thing they'll accept. Too late now anyway, I suppose I have a year to figure it out:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

I'm just looking for some advice here. I'm trying to apply for the Green Card lotto and I"m getting stuck with the ID photo. It can't be any bigger than 62 kb and 600 by 600 pixels. I have photoshop and I'm finding it impossible to get a pic down to this size and maintain quality. If anyone has gone through the lottery before I'd really like to know how they went about this!

Take it as 800x600 with any e.g., 2MP webcam on a laptop and chop 100 pixels off of each side. Do it with GIMP, it's free and did the job for me perfectly last year, and I won the DV lottery! The interview date is in a few weeks so it's almost exactly a year after entering it.

Advertisement