Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ignition key off Honda Lead lost somewhere in south Dublin, removing barrel?

• 29-11-2009 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭

Well the ignition key was lost was lost somewhere in south Dublin. It was on a bunch and one of the keys was in the ignition of my z750. Now having a bunch of keys like that is not wise, and if anyone see ones with another key (Rathgar I think), I'd be grateful. I've been advised that if I take the barrel to a hardware store in North Frederick Street, I can get a new ignition key made up. Now the problem is that the workshop manual is locked in the bike and that key is needed to unlock it. I don't know how to take off the barrel. Could someone advise?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

Well the ignition key was lost was lost somewhere in south Dublin. It was on a bunch and one of the keys was in the ignition of my z750. Now having a bunch of keys like that is not wise, and if anyone see ones with another key (Rathgar I think), I'd be grateful. I've been advised that if I take the barrel to a hardware store in North Frederick Street, I can get a new ignition key made up. Now the problem is that the workshop manual is locked in the bike and that key is needed to unlock it. I don't know how to take off the barrel. Could someone advise?

Thanks

I'm sorry man I didn't quite follow the above.

So you have no keys at present for the bike? And the barrel is in the bike and not attached to the key somewhere??

Regardless I'd say the manual wouldn't be overly useful to you at this point. If I'm wrong I know a lot of these manuals can be got from the internet in soft copy.

If I got you correctly and the answer is yes to the questions I asked then I reckon you're best bet is getting a locksmith to come out to the bike. Can see it being pretty expensive though-they've got you over a barrel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

The key can on a bunch in the ignition of another bike and is now lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

just google the workshop manual for your bike and that will show you how to take it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

There's some screws I could not have managed, non standard size. Thanks, though.

Advertisement