Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

irish speaking meeting areas in dublin?

• 30-11-2009 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hey i'm trying to find out if there is any place in dublin that has an irish speaking event on where people just turn up chat to their friend or forever on the night. Something like a bar that promotes this etc. Thought i heard something about on a thursday nite but don't know where it was. Any help guys?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Not sure what night it's on but there is (or was) a club called 'Sult' that was all Irish speaking. Think it's in Temple Bar.. it was being run by Gaelchultúr as far as I know but I can't tell you if it's still going on.

The novel An Béal Bocht (Flann Ó Brien) has been adapted for theatre and it's going to be in Dublin at the end of this week.. they will have earphones with translations in English available as well so it could be a good opportunity to speak Irish or at least expose yourself to some Irish in the city. I can't wait to see it anyway as I love Flann Ó Brien.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Iontach. Cá bhfuil sé ar siúl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Club Sonas is the new Club Sult, and they are running a special Seisiún na Nollag night this coming Friday, 4th December in Chaplin's on Hawkins Street (across from the Screen Cinema). Entry 5euro, doors open at 8. Bí ann nó bí cearnógach!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭An gal gréine

I'm told the dreaded one commonly known as "Pinochet" has been displaced AGAIN from the committee in Club an Chonartha, 6 Harcourt St. So I reckon it's safe again to venture in there, where there's a bar with Gaeilge every night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭craoltoir

Braitheann sé is dócha ar cén sort caitheamh aimsire a thaithníonn leat. Bíonn daoine le gaeilge sa Chultúrlann i mBaile na Manach go rialta áit a mbíonn seisiúin cheoil, agus ar an aoine bíonn céilí ann (cé go mb'fhéidir go bhfuil siad seo ar ceal go dtí tar éis na Nollag anois). Bíonn comhrá gaeilge i roinnt mhaith leabharlanna timpeall na cathrach/contae uair sa tseachtain.

Ionaid eile ina mbeadh daoine le gaeilge is ea Clasach, ar bhóthar Alfie Byrne i gCluan Tairbh (www.clasac.ie) agus Aras Chrónáin i gCluan Dolcáin (www.araschronain.com).

Beidh dráma/geamaireacht Nollaig ar siúl ag Aisteoirí Bulfin san New Theatre (Istigh i siopa Connolly Books) i mBarra an Teampaill ón 15 go 19 Nollaig. Biffo Béar is ainm don dráma. Tosnaíonn sé ag a hocht gach oíche agus cosnaíonn na ticéid €15 an ceann (Áirithintí: 6703361).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

dolliemix wrote: »
    Iontach. Cá bhfuil sé ar siúl?

An Béal Bocht, Dé Sathairn ag 8.15pm ag An Draíocht Arts Centre i mBaile Bhlainséir (Blanchardstown).

Tá léiriú de le feiceáil anseo!
    http://igaeilge.wordpress.com/2009/11/29/a-fhior-ghaeil-fior-ghaelacha-seo-chugainn-fior-ghaelachas/

Advertisement