Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to the Isle of Man (mods please move if possible)

Options
  • 30-11-2009 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭

(Doesn't seem to be a "moving abroad" forum so I'm posting here - mods please find a home for this thread)

I'm moving over to the Isle of Man in February / March.... anybody ever lived there? Any local knowledge I should be aware of? I'll probably be living in Douglas - any good pubs etc?

All info appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Isle of Man is a lovely spot! Any particular reason why you're moving? In anycase, it's a great little Island and you'll enjoy yourself there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

dlofnep wrote: »
    Isle of Man is a lovely spot! Any particular reason why you're moving? In anycase, it's a great little Island and you'll enjoy yourself there.

1. Good job opportunity
    2. immenent lifestyle change (expecting twins in a few weeks)
    3. Income tax rates (!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Best of luck with it :) Douglas is a great spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Have you a job sorted? If so, did they organise your work permit for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

No speed limits outside the towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

kraggy wrote: »
    Have you a job sorted? If so, did they organise your work permit for you?

Yes and yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SAINTRON

If you have family and hobbies , you will love it. Pubs/Restaurants nowhere near the quality you'd find here (or used to;O).
    A mountain bike is a necessity also. Ellan Vannin Gaels are the local GAA club. Good setup and great bunch of lads for a few pints.

Advertisement