Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Involvement in Lisbon Treaty art project

Options
  • 30-11-2009 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi all.

I am hoping to make an art piece. I would like to involve you in it, and its creation is very simple. I just want you to record the moments at which the clock turns at 11pm, November 30th (Thats tomorrow night). You can record that moment in sound, or visually. It can be anything you choose, though preferably without commentary. You can record anything at all, but I would ideally like to get a few clips where the camera is focussed on your clock, as the clock turns and December 1 begins on the continent. You may also do it at Midnight, GMT (Irish time) as that will be relevant too.

NOTE: the segment has to span November 30 and December 1. I want this to be real. So even a five sencond clip should do, with about 2.5 seconds when we re free of the Lisbon Treaty, and 2.5 seconds the other side of Midnight CET when everything has changed.

Due to GMT and CET diffferences of 1 hour, some of you might record the seconds at which it becomes 11 pm Irish time, especially if you need an early night, as this may be equally if not more relevant. That said, at least 3 time zones will surrender to Lisbon, the other being the Eastern timezone, when the clock turns at 10 pm Irish time, and the Lisbon Treaty sweeps West accross its new territory.

PM me for my email, so you can send it, or if on non-sendable media, keep it and we ll see what we can arrange. Keep the original whatever you do. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for your time,

Alleviate

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

alleviate wrote: »

NOTE: the segment has to span November 30 and December 1. I want this to be real. So even a five sencond clip should do, with about 2.5 seconds when we re free of the Lisbon Treaty, and 2.5 seconds the other side of Midnight CET when everything has changed.

Due to GMT and CET diffferences of 1 hour, some of you might record the seconds at which it becomes 11 pm Irish time, especially if you need an early night, as this may be equally if not more relevant. That said, at least 3 time zones will surrender to Lisbon, the other being the Eastern timezone, when the clock turns at 10 pm Irish time, and the Lisbon Treaty sweeps West accross its new territory.
    Are we talking about the Lisbon Treaty or an invading army?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

taconnol wrote: »
    Are we talking about the Lisbon Treaty or an invading army?

...it sounds like he's recording the last moments of freedom for a posterity that presumably won't be allowed to view such subversive material.

amused,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Very inconsistent capitalisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 alleviate

Ah, quite what Id expect from the typical Irish yes voter.

The "amusement" is all mine, but the deepest truths often take months, even years, to unravel. It would be very stupid to think youre safe on the first day.

taconnol, I suggest youre in the wrong section. This paper has ridiculously more power than any army imaginable.

Thats the whole point. But I could try and entertain your visually-based, cartoon watching sensibilities. Imagine a nice big blob of blue. We ll call that your own freedom. Now imagine a nice big fat black gun. Its pointed at that nice big blob of blue freedom. And what just happened was, the big black gun just shot the nice big blue blob to absolute f*** !!!!!! and theres absolutely nothing you can do about it!!!!!

Tip for parents: dont admit you voted yes. Their entire lives will be destroyed by it and they will hate you until the day you die.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭View

The "amusement" is all mine, but the deepest truths often take months, even years, to unravel. It would be very stupid to think youre safe on the first day.

Wake up. In the SEA referendum back in 1987, the No side told us all we'd have Cruise Missiles in our back gardens if we voted Yes. That was almost almost a quarter of a century ago. How long more will we have to wait before "truths", such as those, "unravel"?

If I were you, I'd rush off to your local military barracks and volunteer for the EU Army. As a volunteer, you'll get first choice on which section you serve in. The rest of us will hang on though and wait until we're conscripted. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Hope this helps....

EDIT: /sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

taconnol, I suggest youre in the wrong section. This paper has ridiculously more power than any army imaginable.

Thats the whole point. But I could try and entertain your visually-based, cartoon watching sensibilities. Imagine a nice big blob of blue. We ll call that your own freedom. Now imagine a nice big fat black gun. Its pointed at that nice big blob of blue freedom. And what just happened was, the big black gun just shot the nice big blue blob to absolute f*** !!!!!! and theres absolutely nothing you can do about it!!!!!

Tip for parents: dont admit you voted yes. Their entire lives will be destroyed by it and they will hate you until the day you die.

Yup - thought so.

amused,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

PM me for my email, so you can send it, or if on non-sendable media, keep it and we ll see what we can arrange. Keep the original whatever you do. I look forward to hearing from you.

I only half read this the first time so I didn't notice the 'sweeps' and 'surrenders' nonsense.

Yup the same rubbish that has been trotted out since we even started talking about joining the EU. And here we are over 35 years later and it still hasn't happened. I'm sure we've all cried wolf in our time but this is beyond stupid at this stage.

Funnily enough I think we may have a lot of explaining to do to our children but that'll be about how we ran our country over the last 5-10 years, straight into the toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

This place is like a magnet for, erm, these special citizens of ours...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭marmurr1916

View wrote: »
    The rest of us will hang on though and wait until we're conscripted. :D

Assuming we're not euthanised first. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Imagine a nice big blob of blue. We ll call that your own freedom. Now imagine a nice big fat black gun. Its pointed at that nice big blob of blue freedom. And what just happened was, the big black gun just shot the nice big blue blob to absolute f*** !!!!!! and theres absolutely nothing you can do about it!!!!!

I never thought of it that way! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Funglegunk wrote: »
    I never thought of it that way! :eek:

I wonder why!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 iWillBeReborn

This place is like a magnet for, erm, these special citizens of ours...

Leave Scoff and the mods alone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Click!./
    There's a conspiracy theory forum here, I believe you'd like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭aurelius79

Rb wrote: »
    Click!./
    There's a conspiracy theory forum here, I believe you'd like it.

I love how any attempt at independent thought is immediately ridiculed and accused of being conspiracy theories. I'd love to see your face when these conspiracy theories become conspiracy facts.

I bet the Polish thought concentration camps were just conspiracy theories until they were being herded into cattle cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

aurelius79 wrote: »
    I love how any attempt at independent thought is immediately ridiculed and accused of being conspiracy theories. I'd love to see your face when these conspiracy theories become conspiracy facts.

I bet the Polish thought concentration camps were just conspiracy theories until they were being herded into cattle cars.

Awwwh, It's just so cute and indignant! *pets*

But anyway, you can be happy in safe in the knowledge that you'll be able to say "I was right!" when you're herded into the super secret Lisbon concentration camp euthanasiabortion clinic for resisting their tax controls and conscription. Me, on the other hand, I'll say "oops..."

But srsly, you'll grow out of this ****. Don't worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭aurelius79

Why the hell would the EU need camps when they have people queueing up for swine flu shots and Gardasil? Oh, don't tell me that you're one of those idiots who think vaccines are 100% safe and have taken all your kids for their annual flu shot? Try reading about George Merck (owner of Merck and Co., makers of Gardasil and swine flu vaccine) chairing US Biological Warfare Committee during WWII or how he led R&D at the Fort Detrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Why the hell would the EU need camps when they have people queueing up for swine flu shots and Gardasil? Oh, don't tell me that you're one of those idiots who think vaccines are 100% safe and have taken all your kids for their annual flu shot? Try reading about George Merck (owner of Merck and Co., makers of Gardasil and swine flu vaccine) chairing US Biological Warfare Committee during WWII or how he led R&D at the Fort Detrick.

*pets*

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

aurelius79, take it to the Conspiracy Theories forum, it has no place here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Yup soooo many of those CT's turn out to be true. Loads and loads of them... just can't think of them right now but I'm sure there is a lot.

Just a suggestion, why don't you go read the Lisbon treaty then you wouldn't need to go on about stuff that isn't in it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement