Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Request] - Artwork, Ideas & Suggestions (FG Blog?)

Options
  • 30-11-2009 1:38am
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Was just messing around on my YouTube channel and only just noticed the custom Channel Specific Player feature where the account holder can slightly edit an embed'able player (Looks and Movie Selection Wise) which is useable on websites and I figured I'd post the code on Blogspot.com to see if it worked (of which it does).

This means you can create a player which you can embed onto blogs / websites that don't require you to ever visit any YouTube channels to see it's selected content, which got me thinking of more ways to make / improve on a possible SF4 orientated blog section with pages dedicated to certain things, beit character specific, player specific, Tournament specific, whatever - You can basically just embed a player designed to play a specific playlist on your page so it can be used in all sorts of ways.

Just for reference - You could, say, make an SF4 Dojo style page where you make a clickable image template of your character and the person who visits the blog page can click an image of an opponent character, then taken to a seperate page that has a YT Player embedded which shows a sorted list of you playing in matches vs that character without any need to do much else. Failing that and you want to think bigger, you can have it so that an Irish Tournament based website can have a player embedded on specific pages that play a playlist containing the fights from each tournament that was held, playlist style.

I'm really tempted to make something like this just for ****s and giggles as I often have so much spare time between other projects and I don't like it when I'm idle and not being creative.

It's not a big idea or anything all that special but it'd be a curious investment of time and something I could apply to all the games in my channel seeing as most subscribers often sub purely for certain games (WoW heads, SF4 Heads, DeadSpace Heads etc)

If I make a go of it I'd like to get my hands on some SF4 & SSF4 Artwork to put to good use - In addition, this is all something I could help put to use for the SF4.ie page anyways so it'd be 'nice to have'.

Other bits and pieces I had experimented with are little website / emblems to overlay over movies (I had made one for the Irish Evaluation thread showing an Irish Flag Emblem and "Irish Evaluation Match" in text which is neatly placed between the EX Bars but felt it was something the movies didn't really need) -- Example.

Irish Orientated overlay to play ontop of movies, so that viewers know where it came from and have a link available to check out if they are interested in seeing more or getting involved. Naturally I didn't use it as the Evaluation Thread means very little other than just that - It's not like I'm some fab Irish Player or that it's a match of any real importance or anything but do consider the possibility of adding such a thing to, say, the Irish SF4 Tourny YouTube channel movies or something. Just another random creative thought.

Anyhow, I'm at a point in the day where I've sat down, done my browsing, had my smoke, well fed and looking for something to do.

If anyone can think of any nice resources or general ideas for stuff, let me know... I'm mostly just curious though even if people can't help me on that type of level I would definately love to find some nice artwork for several other things.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I think it's a really cool idea. The example of the watermark is really cool. I probably wouldn't be able to give any resources or ideas but I say best of luck with it anyway if it gets going

Advertisement