Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pay in the defence forces

• 30-11-2009 2:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Hi all im just looking into the PDF (again) in terms of a career. I already have the pay of enlisted soldiers and officers. What im looking to know is are there any other kind of added extra's that would add up towards a weekly or yearly wage...

e.g Do you get extra money when you are on peace keeping duties or do u get extra money on guard?

How much extra do you get for any of these things.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

See my post in the first page of the Flood Response thread for a link to a document listing allowances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Thanks Concussion.

Just one more question, i'm just wondering how often ye would get these kind of duties? Would it be weekly or just every so often?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ArdMhacha

It depends on the size of the unit, the more manpower available the better the duties are spread, but if its a small unit troops will do more duties per week because there simply arent enough men to cover the amount of duties. but from what I'm hearing even the larger units are understrength so the lads are getting creased with duties these days, the sooner they recruit the better!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Evd-Burner wrote: »
    Thanks Concussion.

Just one more question, i'm just wondering how often ye would get these kind of duties? Would it be weekly or just every so often?

It really depends on the time of year, Units taskings etc.

When a Unit has nearly all it's bodies at home, you can look at 1 maybe 2 a month. When it gets a bit busier, you'd probably average about 2 or 3 a month.

Only once have I seen it get really bad with duties and that's because the Unit was flat out with regards Overseas and domestic taskings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

for the armoured cash transits are u tasked to them for a specific time? Or is it just every so often u get tasked with one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Evd-Burner wrote: »
    for the armoured cash transits are u tasked to them for a specific time? Or is it just every so often u get tasked with one?

They're the exact same as any other duty.

Advertisement