Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If I don't use my WHV before it expires can I get another one?

Options
  • 30-11-2009 4:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I applied for and got the WHV -only thing is something might be coming up that I can't really say no to. If it expires will it be as simple as applying for a new one or will I not be eligible?! Don't panic, if it's a case I have to use it I will!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shanofin

It's my first one by the way, if that makes a difference?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Nope, you only get one.

Even if I never use it? Could I contact them and explain the situation? Must say the process and administration so far seems a lot more human-friendly than that of the USA!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Has it been granted? You can cancel it and get another one

Ah! You're right... I should have read the email!
    Please note: this Working Holiday Visa can only be used once. If you find your circumstances have changed after you are granted a Working Holiday Visa and you want to postpone your working holiday but you still need to travel to Australia for a brief visit, you MUST apply for a Tourist visa or another temporary visa. This will cease your Working Holiday visa and you will be able to apply for another Working Holiday Visa at a later stage, if you still meet all the eligibility criteria.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

shanofin wrote: »
    I applied for and got the WHV -only thing is something might be coming up that I can't really say no to. If it expires will it be as simple as applying for a new one or will I not be eligible?! Don't panic, if it's a case I have to use it I will!!!

If you do not activate it, you can apply for another one, the aus government say to cancel it rather than let it expire, bit someone previously mentioned in another post, you can just let it expire

but be on the safe side and cancel it (and re apply)

taken from http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/business/956-977/how-to-apply.htm
    To have your Working Holiday visa cancelled, contact the Working Holiday visa processing centre.
    http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/email/eform-processing-centres.htm?35

Advertisement