Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15" or 17" (does size matter?)

Options
  • 30-11-2009 4:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Trying to decide which Apple Macbook Pro to get... does size matter?!! I think I'm leaning towards the basic 17" but could put the money into a 15" and soup it up!!! What would you do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

It's down to personal choice really. I had the same dilemma when I bought my MBP and I chose the 15" model and it's fine.

Try to find a store that has both on display so you can decide for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shanofin

no regrets or waking up at night thinking about the 17" back at the store?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I'd go for the 15" (and I did) - simply because 17" is an awful lot of laptop to carry around. I've never had anything close to regrets over not getting the bigger model - quite the opposite, it's sometimes the 13" I look at and think it'd be handy having something that little bit smaller and lighter. Though really I'm happy with the 15". It's a good balance of size and weight.

Keep in mind I generally carry my laptop with me wherever I go.. if you plan on having it stationary then size/weight is obviously less of an issue. But my advice is go for the 15", and get an external monitor to go with it (24" monitors can be picked up for less than 300).

Whether 13", 15" or 17"... nothing beats duel-screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Depends what software you run on it and at what level you use it at - I earn my living as editor. For fcp I felt I needed the screen size, so went for the 17". mind you I don't carry it round very often and probably wouldn't want to ... :)

I also hook up a 24" lcd display to it - I need to run in dual display mode most of the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement