Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Astro pitches?

• 30-11-2009 4:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭

Can anybody recommend a good 7-a-side[approx] astro pitch. Preferably in the Dublin South area. What I'm particularly looking for is a pitch without walls as I 've grown weary of the pinball football played at Loughlinstown and Monkstown. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

There's a good one in Walkinstown. Not sure if this is the right place to be posting this. I think it should be in the location/regional section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭asdfgh86

Oh yeah? sorry, i was going to post in the boards team section because it's mainly astro related. Feel free to move if it's in the wrong place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

asdfgh86 wrote: »
    Can anybody recommend a good 7-a-side[approx] astro pitch. Preferably in the Dublin South area. What I'm particularly looking for is a pitch without walls as I 've grown weary of the pinball football played at Loughlinstown and Monkstown. Any suggestions?

In other words you're getting on and you can't keep up with the pace of pinball football and could do with the start stop kind of game. :pac: I don't think Newtown park in blackrock is astro but i'm nearly sure they have 7 a side pitches that aren't surrounded with walls.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Leicester Celtic's have a nice one at the back of Nutgrove shopping center soccer forum have played the poker forum a few times on it and its not a bad pitch.

http://www.leicesterceltic.ie/

Thanks Dub, The Leicester Celtic pitch looks like a good option.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

asdfgh86 wrote: »
    Thanks Dub, The Leicester Celtic pitch looks like a good option.

Its a full size pitch but can be halved.

Dun laoire wrote: »
    In other words you're getting on and you can't keep up with the pace of pinball football and could do with the start stop kind of game. :pac:

My main problem with walled football is that it rewards wayward shots, loose passes and bad touches. Shooting in particular is extremely effective, if you miss it bounces nicely off the back wall usually leading to an easy tap in for the oncoming striker.

Advertisement