Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FEEDBACK - please post on this to help us make this subforum better

Options
  • 30-11-2009 5:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I think a feedback thread is a good start around about now.

What do you think of this forum?
    How could it be better?
    Do you - the userbase - like it as it is and do you find it useful?

Thanks in advance!

DrIndy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

So far, I'm liking the split in the forum and the further split into Health Care Education. I find it alot easier to navigate than before, and like the fact that most educational things are located in the one spot rather than having to trawl through reams of posts. I do feel the Biology forum is a little underused, but thats a user thing rather than a design thing.
    To improve the forums, I suppose I'd like it if there were more debates/topics for discussion available, again I realise this is a user thing moreso than a mod/forum thing, and that by it's nature the forum has to be very tightly moderated, but at times it can seem that topics die as soon as they start, and just when it's getting interesting, the thread stops.
    With all that said, I love the forums and find them exceptionally useful, from an educational and personal insight point of view. I've learned so much just from reading some of the threads, and have had opinions I didn't even know i had fully formed challenged. This really can only be a good thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I can see its use, but I preferred it when everything was in the one forum! The new format is somewhat less diverse, and Health Sciences is still full of people looking for medical advice, despite the name change.

I miss the biology threads. I realise that I can just pop over to Biology, but it's not the same! Instead of just splitting the forum, it's like the entire little community has been jumbled up, and that's a little bit sad.

I loved being able to ask education questions on the main forum. Health Education is useful, but I don't see why we can't all live happily together.

That said, I appreciate that the aim was to improve the forum, and I don't blame the mods for how I feel it has turned out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Medstudent

this forum has kinda been taken over by people who want to get into medicine as opposed to those studying it. Maybe there should be a second subforum!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

I would split the GAMSAT thread into 'study tips' or pre-exam and then one for 'results/CAO Application'. It's a bit messy to read as it is now and would be a more helpful resource for future GAMSAT-takers IMO.
    Also, maybe link up the many mature nursing applicants who seem to hang out in the Edu/Mature Students Thread rather than here?

Sub-threads for the five med schools may also tidy things up a bit and stop people throwing out random queries like 'what is UL like' etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

Bump or something?
    Asked a Q here and got great response so, happy!
    Anyway, yay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

etymon wrote: »
    Also, maybe link up the many mature nursing applicants who seem to hang out in the Edu/Mature Students Thread rather than here?

That would be helpful, when I log in I go to Edu/Mature Students for the nursing thread & then to Health Science Education but I don't see many of the other mature nursing applicants over here, maybe they don't know it's here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

I think this whole forum needs a bit of an overhaul to make it easier for people to navigate through. Will get my thinking cap on and get other people involved too. All the points you have mentioned are relevant.

Advertisement