Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest PS3 slim deal in Limerick?

Options
  • 30-11-2009 7:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

I'm interested in getting a PS3 slim for Christmas and was wondering who is doing the best and cheapest deal at the mo.
    No replies please persuading me to get an Xbox or a Wii, it's the new PS3 I want as all my other gear is Sony and the inclusion of a Blue ray player is a big plus!
    Also, if I'm not a serious gamer do I really need 250gb?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have the original which was the 600gb and I doubt I will ever use it. You need at least 100gb if you are just gaming. More if you plan on using it to store pictures and movies and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,740 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Berty wrote: »
    I have the original which was the 600gb and I doubt I will ever use it. You need at least 100gb if you are just gaming. More if you plan on using it to store pictures and movies and stuff.

I'm hoping those numbers are typo's!!!!:eek:

The Original PS3 is 60gb!

Yes some games do need to install files on the harddrive....But not all!
    Where did you pluck the 100gb for gaming from?
    I have @15 PS3 games and my installed game files are only about 12gb.

I have swapped my HD for a 500gb one and with 12gbs of game files and about 270gb of movies(@200) and plenty of music and photo's coming in at @ 50gb I still have plenty of space available!

Oh and OP Gamestop and HMV have some good deals at the mo. Esp on Modern Warfare 2 bundles

As for using the space available on a 250gb slim....I'd say when the PSN video store launchs for Ireland you may make a big dent in that space, particularly if you like your movies ala High Def!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Not sure how good a deal this is but Xtravision have a PS3 offer.

It is €379.99

You get

a slimline 250gb PS3
    Blu Ray remote control
    Xmen Origins: Wolverine on blu ray
    The Dark Knigt on blu ray
    €20 of games vouchers
    One of the following games: FIFA10, Tiger Woods 10, Need For Speed Shift, Dragon Age Origin, Brutal Legend, or Fight Night Round 4.

http://www.xtravision.ie/games.aspx

Just looked at Gamestop.is and they are selling the 120gb slim PS3 on it's own for €299, so the 379 price for the larger storage capacity with the two films and one game seems a better option.

I would not be a proper Xbox mark though if I did not suggest just buying an Xbox 360 and a seperate blu ray player instead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭elainesnuffles

hi im living in cork but bought a ps3 this morning for my son in the game shop next to mcdonalds (daunt square) 250 gb for 349 euro came with one control, last years modern warfare game, gran turismo and ratchet and clank,( there were other games to choose from)
    i had searched around and found this to be the best deal. hope this helps you it mite be worth the spin down to cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

PS3
    Modern Warfare 2
    PS3 Essentials Kit
    2 E5 vouchers and loyalty card
    =E339:99

PS3
    Any 1 PS3 game
    Extra Controller
    =E349:99

PS3
    Need for Speed Shift or Fifa 10
    1 other game from this list
    Pirates of the Caribbean 3
    007 Quantum of Solace
    Lego Indy Jones 1
    Lego Star Wars Saga
    Disney Sing It Game
    Disney Sing HSM Game
    Narnia Prince Caspian
    Face Breaker
    Baja
    Wall E
    Assassins Creed 1
    =E319:99.

All from smyths http://www.toys.ie/consoleoffers/ps3/125038.aspx

I know you said in Limerick but amazon have great deals and if I were buying it would be from them

PS3
    HDMI cable
    1 game for around E275

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_84664873_4?ie=UTF8&docId=1000335213&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0VRB0B7E2RVRYTNA74XV&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=477239693&pf_rd_i=16423381

Check out HMV, Game, Gamestop and Harvey Normans as well, I was in HMV last week and I think they may have had a pretty good deal on but I can't recheck it since none of the above lazy buggers have an Irish website.

Edit: Game does but be honest they are a rip-off IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

meoklmrk91 wrote: »

I know you said in Limerick but amazon have great deals and if I were buying it would be from them

PS3
    HDMI cable
    1 game for around E275

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_84664873_4?ie=UTF8&docId=1000335213&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0VRB0B7E2RVRYTNA74XV&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=477239693&pf_rd_i=16423381.

Thanks for that informative info. BTW I was under the impression that Amazon do not deliver electrical goods to ireland. Am I wrong?

Pikasso wrote: »
    Thanks for that informative info. BTW I was under the impression that Amazon do not deliver electrical goods to ireland. Am I wrong?

I don't think they do either. Same goes for Play.com

I have got cameras and similar items through Amazon.co.uk, plus any order from Amazon that costs 25 pound or over, has free post and packaging to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Kess73 wrote: »
    I have got cameras and similar items through Amazon.co.uk, plus any order from Amazon that costs 25 pound or over, has free post and packaging to Ireland.
    I don't think they do either. Same goes for Play.com

They introduced it a few months ago alrite.

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »

I think it is anything over 1.5kgs they cannot ship to Ireland.

I think it is anything over 1.5kgs they cannot ship to Ireland.

30kg is the current cut off. Ireland is on the delivery list for electrical goods less than 30kg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=524836#pc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I they started shipping electrical goods there a couple of months back, also I went to amazon and went through the whole process of buying without actually buying and they will ship it to Ireland, so you have no worries there.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    I they started shipping electrical goods there a couple of months back, also I went to amazon and went through the whole process of buying without actually buying and they will ship it to Ireland, so you have no worries there.

Great that Amazon are now shipping to Ireland. Anyone know if the goods are liable for import duty?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,740 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Great that Amazon are now shipping to Ireland. Anyone know if the goods are liable for import duty?

No, There is no import duty or VAT liability for items shipped within the EU

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement