Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

my first baby shot c&c please

• 30-11-2009 8:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

4145914191_d94984440f.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

sikahunter wrote: »

I would ...
    Lose the sepia toning. A nice neutral (not over saturated) colour picture is much nicer, unless you've gone crazy with the background and some of those cushions are bright red or something. Think pastels :-)

Get rid of that wierd anti-vignette you have that makes the borders lighter.

In terms of the picture, the background is a bit cluttered, and the poor wee baby looks propped up in a really uncomfortable position, he/she looks awkward. This is a bit of a toughie, I know, I've taken enough of these things over the last two years :-)

edit- one more thing. Why all that wased space? You're taking a picture of the baby, not the cushions ! Fill that frame !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

I'd agree with Daire. Is it just me or does the picture appear to be elongated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Picture is squashed in?
    Or is Freddie's big word the same meaning?

Don't like the picture for many reasons, Daire has pretty much all of them reasons in his reply.

Picture is squashed in?
    Or is Freddie's big word the same meaning?

It's exactly the opposite meaning but it's in a different direction so the two differentabilities cancel each other out and the end result means the same. :)

-edit-
    Here's a few of my kid from around the same age just to demonstrate what I mean by getting in close. I never really went to the trouble of posing him or anything so I don't actually have that many of him as a baby. Of course this is all just practice for the next one :-)

2393576710_5df884c804_m.jpg 2291300134_0a1d356e0c_m.jpg 2506178025_04aa2bbc35_m.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I've said this b4 but your baby looks more like an adult...you can see him being an adult already like...mmm hard to explain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

Maybe that says more about the photography than the baby, AR. But I also agree :)

OP - what they said. Get in closer, and concentrate on the baby, rather than the surroundings, and fancy processing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

elven wrote: »
    Get in closer, and concentrate on the baby, rather than the surroundings, and fancy processing.

+1 :)

elven wrote: »
    Maybe that says more about the photography than the baby, AR. But I also agree :)

I'm not too sure what this means ... but yes, he is a serious little soul. We're trying to beat any sense of joy or initiative out of him at an early age so that he's more ready for grown up life*. Bless !

*this is obviously completely untrue

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

DQ...He'd look great dressed up as Norman Wisdom.

OP, what Daire said is bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I agree, fill the frame with the little tyke!

• Advertisement
Advertisement