Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accident between Skerries and Lusk this morning

Options
  • 30-11-2009 8:26am
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

About 2km outside Lusk. Fire service are in attendance. The main Skerries/Lusk road is currently closed (or at least was 20 mins ago). They are diverting traffic from Skerries via Man O War

I was cycling this morning, but have turned back. There is black ice everywhere, and the Fire service told me that it is treacherous all the way to Blakes Cross. I am heading up to Balbriggan to join the M1 there rather than risk the NCD *R* roads this morning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Ah Beasty, was that you with the yellow high vis and the orange back pack?

We had to divert there too. It added half an hour to get into college this morning.

Thanks for the heads up!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No - had a white windstopper on. I'm the one lit up like a Christmas tree - bright front light, plus another on the helmet, and 2 rear lights on the bike and one on the helmet

Eventually took me 1hr 25mins to drive (normally takes me 25 mins by car and 45 by bike), and came across 3 accidents in total (including Malahide Road being closed)

The main issue is the quality of roads - the good bits were completely dry, but the bad bits accumulated water yesterday which froze overnight.

I understand it may be getting colder during the week:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Beasty wrote: »
    No - had a white windstopper on. I'm the one lit up like a Christmas tree - bright front light, plus another on the helmet, and 2 rear lights on the bike and one on the helmet

The main issue is the quality of roads - the good bits were completely dry, but the bad bits accumulated water yesterday which froze overnight.

Good man. Keep wearing the lights. I passed a person cycling this evening and they were quite hard to see. They had 1 light on back of bike which was flashing.

People wearing backpacks should be given free reflective strips for them as they often have the backpack on over their high viz vest.

Heard a car skidded into an ambulance at that accident. Hope everyone is O.K.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Beasty wrote: »

Eventually took me 1hr 25mins to drive (normally takes me 25 mins by car and 45 by bike), and came across 3 accidents in total (including Malahide Road being closed)

Ah cool! That's what being half asleep in the morning will do! :(

Advertisement