Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving Equipment - For Sale/For Trade/Free

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

lizzyman wrote: »
    Cheers Vote4Pedro, the razor arrived safely today and it looks great! Didn't realise it was an open comb so I might have to put the blood bank on speed dial :)

Glad you got it safely,
    I thought it was very mild for an open comb razor, that's why I had it for sale.
    Hope you give it a good trail and that you like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

It's definitely mild, I'd say even a bit milder than the DE89. Tried it tonight and had no razor burn or nicks at all. Can't say I was impressed with the BIC blade I tried though, will give it another run with a Gilette Silver blue tomorrow.

Hi All,

I think I've found my perfect shaver so I currently have a Merkur 41C 1904 for sale as well as a brand new Bevel razor.

Link to the Markur on Adverts: http://www.adverts.ie/hair-care-grooming/merkur-41c-open-comb-de-razor/7818560

Merkur including postage anywhere in Ireland: €20

The Bevel is a very mild razor, a bit milder than a DE89 example but with a sharp blade like a feather or a Gilette Silver blue it is an extremely efficient shaver. They tested it in clinical trials and participants saw a 40 percent reduction in irritation after using the Bevel for four weeks so it could work for anyone with sensitive skin looking for a milder razor. Beautiful brass handle finished in a satin chrome. The company website is https://getbevel.com/ and there is a good review from mantic59 here: http://sharpologist.com/2014/03/bevel.html

The Bevel is brand new, only used a few times. It cost me €71 including shipping to Ireland. I'll let this go for €50 including postage anywhere in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Hi lizzyman. I'm usually a straight shaver, in fact never tried these before. If you throw in a few blades I'd gladly take the 41c.

Paypal works for me, pm if available.

Hi lizzyman. I'm usually a straight shaver, in fact never tried these before. If you throw in a few blades I'd gladly take the 41c.

Paypal works for me, pm if available.

No problem cardwizzard, I'll throw in some blades with the razor. Will PM you to arrange paypal and postage.

• Advertisement

Merkur 41C is now sold.

The Bevel is still available, there is a review from from Mantic 59 here and you can see it in action here:

and some pics:

smallerboxanimation3-88728ec99ede9c0062cde4b0263cf16e.jpg

Bevel.jpg

img_2255.jpg?w=850&h=754

1907454_956651831031143_284669985456155643_n.jpg

I actually have two of these hence the reason for selling one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

No problem cardwizzard, I'll throw in some blades with the razor. Will PM you to arrange paypal and postage.

Recieved the package today, looking forward to giving it a go.

Thks!

Recieved the package today, looking forward to giving it a go.

Thks!

Cheers, hope you get on well with it!

Slightly unrelated to shaving but I got an unwanted gift of some French bath soaps (http://www.maison-du-savon.com/en/). I can't use them as both bars are pretty stongly scented so I'll happily post these on for free to anyone who might want them. I think postage will come to about a €5 or thereabouts.

If anyone is interested I'm also PIFing an almost full bottle of Thayers unscented witch hazel with aloe vera

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Did you get around to ordering some of the Unscented Nannys Silly Soap? If not, I'll send you the just under half jar I have if you want in exchange for the Thayers.

• Advertisement

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Did you get around to ordering some of the Unscented Nannys Silly Soap? If not, I'll send you the just under half jar I have if you want in exchange for the Thayers.

Sounds good! Don't suppose you have any spare injector blades lying around?

Yeah, I should have a nearly full cartridge I can send your way.

Hi Folks,

I'm dropping the cost of the Bevel down to €30 + postage. Any takers?

Thanks,
    James

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I have a stock of shaving soap that, to me, could be called 'ínfinite'. I am likely to shuffle off this mortal coil with plenty left over!

Making room in the 'shaving chest' at the moment and I'm quite happy to send out any overflow for other forum members to test and hopefully enjoy.

I have two tubs of Monsavon for anyone to take, free. All that I ask is that you have posted at least once, in Facial Hair & Hats, before the date of this post.

1 tub per member. Stock is new and sealed (see below), there's no hygiene issues.

Make a request for a tub below and I'll send out the shaving soaps on Monday the 11th.

IMG_20150507_115547.jpg

Oh me please. I've wanted to try out Monsavon for ages but haven't had the opportunity to get some.

Grand hitemfrank. This is the 'post Unilever' takeover of Monsavon, so, I don't know if things have been tweaked for better or for worse.

Stalk your Postman/Postwoman..

1 tub left.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Would love to try if still available please.

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    Would love to try if still available please.

Buddy97mm, sure, send me a PM with a postal address of some sort and the Monsavon will make its way to you on Monday.

All tubs taken, for now. Cheers.

Ok gents, I have a vintage Schick Injector M45 that I bought recently. After a few tries I don't think it's right for me so I'm going to PIF this one out to anyone who wants it. If you want to send me a few soaps/creams or something in return that would be appreciated.

Here's a link to the ebay description and photos: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/131474248130?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Would love to try that lizzyman but don't have any trades. Would you sell?

Edit: just realised its a specific custom blade. I'll retract my interest. Thanks anyway.

• Advertisement

OU812 wrote: »
    Would love to try that lizzyman but don't have any trades. Would you sell?

Edit: just realised its a specific custom blade. I'll retract my interest. Thanks anyway.

Van Halen fan eh?

The blades are easily available from Connaught for £4.80 per 20 and from what I've heard they last a bit longer than a standard DE blade because they're thicker. http://connaughtshaving.com/injectorblades.html

Many thanks Amalgam, Monsavon soap arrived this morning. Really looking forward to trying it, as have a preference for soft soaps.
    Amalgam wrote: »
    Buddy97mm, sure, send me a PM with a postal address of some sort and the Monsavon will make its way to you on Monday.

All tubs taken, for now. Cheers.

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    Really looking forward to trying it, as have a preference for soft soaps.

Monsavon is quite unique, in today's market. Enjoy.

Fair play to An Post, posted from the GPO (Dublin) in the afternoon, about 3.30pm..

If anyone is interested I'm also PIFing an almost full bottle of Thayers unscented witch hazel with aloe vera
    Amalgam wrote: »
    Grand hitemfrank. This is the 'post Unilever' takeover of Monsavon, so, I don't know if things have been tweaked for better or for worse.

Stalk your Postman/Postwoman..

1 tub left.

Both of these arrived this morning and I'll be trying them both out later on, thanks guys!

Great stuff. Hope the witch hazel didn't leak!

It did a little bit but only a little. Have you tried out the soap yet?

hitemfrank wrote: »
    It did a little bit but only a little. Have you tried out the soap yet?

Shíte. Thought it might. At least it's the unscented. Don't think your postman would be too happy if a regular witch hazel leaked!

I've used the soap a few times. No smell from it at all which I like but I'm finding it a bit tricky to lather since I'm more used to using creams.

None actually spilled out of the bag/envelope it was in so I don't think much leaked at all.

I had more luck lathering one of Nannies soaps/creams (it was in between) by taking a little bit out of the container and lathering it in a bowl. Give that a try if you haven't already. And try a brush with very little water left in it. You can always add water to it if needed.

Tried the Monsavon both yesterday and today. Had a few issues yesterday generating lather but realised that it was due to newish boar brush still breaking in. Excellent lather this morning with my trusty Semogue - slick, creamy luxurious lather, BBS shave. Mild but pleasant scent, can see this getting lots of use. Gratitude again Amalgam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭skankles

1 x brand new jar razorock xxx
    1 x brand new jar razorock p.160...bought 2 of each last year. Dont need these. €10 each ex. P&P or trade. Have loads of soap though!

Advertisement