Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving Equipment - For Sale/For Trade/Free

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭thebullkf

kevinfox wrote: »
    Sold to thebullkf
    Best of luck with it & thanks to Boards

Payment sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭RandomUsername

thebullkf wrote: »
    Payment sent :)

Great I'll post it first thing

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭RandomUsername

Posted:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

Hi,
    I have an Edwin Jagger DE safety razor for sale. Very clean and in perfect condition, less than 6 months old (receipt available from Amazon). It's really good heavy weight and ideal for normal beard.

It's this one:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edwin-Jagger-De89bl-Chrome-Plated/dp/B003LW4L2W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337330238&sr=8-1

I will also include a 5-pack of Astra Super Platinum blades with the sale.

As you can see the original price was £20 so make me a reasonable offer!

Location is south Dublin/North Wicklow. Can post.

"These fabulous double edge razors are fitted with the latest precision Edwin Jagger DE blade head which has created great interest among experienced wet shavers. The closed comb head is expertly engineered and is finished with high quality chrome plate. The lightweight handle is also finished in high quality chrome plate and sports the Edwin Jagger name imprinted around the collar. Beautifully balanced, the razor is delivered in an Edwin Jagger presentation box and comes with a pack of 5 Derby blades so the razor is 'ready to go'. Overall length of the razor 9.5 cm (3.7 inches), handle length 8.5 cm (3.3 inches)."

Also Check out the reviews on Amazon!

Reason for sale is that now that I've used it for 5 months I want to move on to an open-comb or straight razor but the funds are tight so have to let this one go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭kaiserjim

Lads I have some shark ss, some supermax sp and Russian rapira's blades about 200 in total to trade if anyone is interested.
    I am willing to trade them for just about anything shave related. So if you have anything your not using or are willing to trade let me know.

Kaiserjim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭treeminder

would you like to trade for some astra sp blades? i have supermax aswell but you probably wouldn't be interested in them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

veljlk.jpg

I have some creams, soaps and aftershave balms to trade or sell.

Arko Cool cream
    Arko extra sensitive cream
    Proraso cream tub 75ml
    2 x Arko extra sensitive aftershaev balm - Lavendar
    Arko shaving soap
    Palmolive cream

These are all unopened and unused, added up they cost 17 euro and that was a discounted price for them, and willing to sell for that with FREE postage, or trade for something.

These are the best quality creams and soaps that are not on the premium end, I use the Arko aftershave balm and it is brilliant.

I'm changing to natural soaps and cream so would be good to shift these for soem shave goodies or sell for around e17, these would be perfect for a noob shaver as they all give amazingly protective and slick shaves. Again I will cop the postage cost.

treeminder wrote: »
    would you like to trade for some astra sp blades? i have supermax aswell but you probably wouldn't be interested in them...

Ive loads of Astra blades aswell thanks for the offer.

kaiserjim wrote: »
    Lads I have some shark ss, some supermax sp and Russian rapira's blades about 200 in total to trade if anyone is interested.
    I am willing to trade them for just about anything shave related. So if you have anything your not using or are willing to trade let me know.

Kaiserjim.

Would you be interested ina trade of some sort Jim?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭treeminder

Ive loads of Astra blades aswell thanks for the offer.

what would you be willing to trade for? i would like to try some shark blades but only a small amount

• Advertisement

Would you be interested ina trade of some sort Jim?

Yeah be willing to trade for the proraso and the arko cool cream what bwould you want ? Pm me if ya like.

treeminder wrote: »
    what would you be willing to trade for? i would like to try some shark blades but only a small amount

If your only looking for a pack pm your address and Ill send you one on. or let me know what you have to trade and we can work something out.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭teddyboy

anyone want to swap Astra blades for a pack feather blades etc

teddyboy wrote: »
    anyone want to swap Astra blades for a pack feather blades etc
    Is it astras your looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭teddyboy

Is it astras your looking for?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I want feather blades

teddyboy wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I want feather blades

Dont we alll:D

I have a Gillette Fatboy. in very good condition with the original case, will post pics if anyone is interested in buying. Don't really want to sell but need to sell off some of the den for cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Bump! Before I go spend money on a DE, anyone have one second hand? I'm not picky, something cheap and cheerful to set me off :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

BX 19 wrote: »
    Bump! Before I go spend money on a DE, anyone have one second hand? I'm not picky, something cheap and cheerful to set me off :)

I have some old US Gillette DEs knocking around I would be willing to part with.
    I have a flair tip and a 40s style superspeed, your choice (I can see about getting some pics together if you're keen).

Does a tenner sound fair?
    I can meet in Dublin or check out postage costs if somewhere else.

Edit: Apologies if this kind of offer is against the charter / rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

PM sent there :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

I was in the UK last week and Asda were selling Personna blades at 47p for ten. Picked myself a hundred up for £2.35, bargain. Not the greatest blades, but far from the worst. I find them similar enough to my old Gillette 7 O'Clocks. Use them in a Merkur long handled open comb and have been getting a great shave with them, and only using a Palmolive shave stick and cheap brush while I was over there too, so should be better now I'm at home and using my usual products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

summerskin wrote: »
    I was in the UK last week and Asda were selling Personna blades at 47p for ten. Picked myself a hundred up for £2.35, bargain. Not the greatest blades, but far from the worst. I find them similar enough to my old Gillette 7 O'Clocks. Use them in a Merkur long handled open comb and have been getting a great shave with them, and only using a Palmolive shave stick and cheap brush while I was over there too, so should be better now I'm at home and using my usual products.

oops, meant 50, not 100. As it is, getting a decent enough shave from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭hairypigeon

I've got a merkur progress long handle to trade if anyone has a good straight razor - honed with strop if possible happy to put cash in for the right one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I've got couple of freebies if someone wants them. Don't expect anything amazing though it's just 2 soap samples.

The first sample is Stirling Shaving Soap Earl Grey and the second is Mystic Water Sicilian Honey.

Anyone want them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'd love free samples, always nice to try a different soap. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Grand, PM me an address and I'll get them sent to you on Monday.

I have Muhle R41 open comb razor for sale. Used 3 times found it too aggressive €20 Inc pp in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

I have Muhle R41 open comb razor for sale. Used 3 times found it too aggressive €20 Inc pp in Ireland.

PM sent.

Sold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

Just in case there are any people looking to get into DE or straight razors at Christmas I have a Muhle R89 and Dovo Straight Shavette Razor for sale on adverts.ie:

http://www.adverts.ie/hair-care-grooming/muhle-r89-safety-razor/4347054

http://www.adverts.ie/hair-care-grooming/dovo-blue-straight-razor/4347070

Advertisement