Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Model builder required

Options
  • 30-11-2009 9:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi Folks, I have a giant scale A10 warthog. It is made of polystyrene and was meant as a electric ducted fan RC flyer. I want it built as a static SCALE model with major detail. Here in lies the trick, it is a very simple to put together model, however I would like it covered to strengthen the foam, and painted with serious detail. If you have experience in this format, please PM me, I am in North Cork.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

It's a simple matter to fibreglass over foam. I have a 6' long Dornier Do328 which was intended by the kit maker to be a foam model but which is now a fibreglass model.
    You can paint on brown paper with varnish if you want a finish which is less durable than epoxy glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Harvardrvr

As it is not going to fly, that would be fine, I am more interested in the fact that it looks scale and is done really well. If you can glass it, or know someone who can, please send me the details and costs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Not enough time, sorry.
    But drop me a pm and I can give you the name of someone experienced and reliable who might do it for you and who is living a tad more your direction.

Advertisement