Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the gallops - water quality

Options
  • 30-11-2009 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi,

Maybe someone will know anything about that...
    The water in the house I'm renting is not 100% clear. When in is in the bath it's not 100% transparent - it's kinda light brown, like from rust or something like that.
    My question is does anyone have that problem, is the water like that on the whole estate or there's something wrong with the pipes/reservoir in my house....
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

i would imagine its due to the piping in the area. willing to bet its never been replaced since the original ones were put in 80+ years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭lo0kash

80+.... not so long ago, I think there should be no rust after just 20-25 years. Btw, is there any way I can check whether the water is safe? Any place in Dublin?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Not related to the Gallops but i remember when i was in Sligo a couple of years ago the drinking water was actually yellow:eek:, after asking around i was assured that it was totally safe and obviously must have somthing to do with local conditions..........cant see why the Gallops would be any different than the rest of south Dublin though.

Not related to the Gallops but i remember when i was in Sligo a couple of years ago the drinking water was actually yellow:eek:, after asking around i was assured that it was totally safe and obviously must have somthing to do with local conditions..........cant see why the Gallops would be any different than the rest of south Dublin though.

the water in that area will be from sandyford rather than poulaphoca (sp) or roundwood resivoirs won't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

the water in that area will be from sandyford rather than poulaphoca (sp) or roundwood resivoirs won't it?

I dont know which resivoir it would draw from, but i know that from friends houses in the Sandyford/Stepaside area their water is clear.

• Advertisement

Thanks got that guys. I'll better ask my neighbours whether water in their houses is clear.

Just in case someone will be looking for information on that - I contacted DLR coco and they said the water is ok - the colour is "natural". I also checked the water from my neighbour and the colour was also light yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 heyho

Yeah, thats normal, it was much worse up until maybe a month or 6 weeks ago when they did some work on the pipes.
    After they did the work (I know they did it as we lost supply on a number of occasions because of it), the bathwater went from murky browney/ yellowy to "almost" clear. :P

Ah sure the dirt is good for ya anyway :pac:

Advertisement