Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Belfast May 11th/12th

• 30-11-2009 10:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭

Metallica will be playing the Odyssey on May 11th, tix on sale Dec 3rd

Hoping a date in Dublin will be added pretty soon :D:D

Source : http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=602791

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

scudzilla wrote: »
    Metallica will be playing the Odyssey on May 11th, tix on sale Dec 3rd

Hoping a date in Dublin will be added pretty soon :D:D

Source : http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=602791

I'll definitely be going to this. Cant see an o2 show being added. After the last uk indoor tour they didnt add the o2 and played marley park instead. Dont think the stage will fit on the ground floor to make it the "in the round" setup they use. However I find this annoying because I did 6 shows in the states last year and the arena in Utah was small and they only used 3 sides of the stage....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

hoping I'm wrong, but think they are playing places they don't normally play this time out - so Belfast makes sense.....will prob head up - but poxy Tuesday travel to Belfast or anywhere is a bit of a pain...

great to see them playing indoors in Ireland again though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

i think they're pretty certain to play Dublin on either 11th or 12th, The cost of bringing the tour over the water is pretty huge, so to offset that they'll play a Dublin date at the O2.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and make a pretty far out prediction, but i can see an Ambassador gig looming :eek::eek: (Now that is a prediction, just wanna say 'i told ya so' :P )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

scudzilla wrote: »
    i think they're pretty certain to play Dublin on either 11th or 12th, The cost of bringing the tour over the water is pretty huge, so to offset that they'll play a Dublin date at the O2.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and make a pretty far out prediction, but i can see an Ambassador gig looming :eek::eek: (Now that is a prediction, just wanna say 'i told ya so' :P )

*Thumbs up* No gigs ever on in ambassador anymore.

People its easy to get to Belfast....bus up and down, they run 24 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

The O2 can definitely handle an "in the round" setup, Jonas Brothers played a gig there "in the round" last week. I don't know the size of Metallica's stage, it does looks large from the videos from what I've seen so they may have to condense the setup slightly.

Didn't go to them on the last two occasions though I hope they come back to Dublin as I'd way prefer to see them indoors for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

What does "in the round" mean? If I get standing tickets will I be in the pit like I would at an out door gig? I havent seen them indoor so would really like to go to this, whats the Oddessy like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

What does "in the round" mean? If I get standing tickets will I be in the pit like I would at an out door gig? I havent seen them indoor so would really like to go to this, whats the Oddessy like?

It's when the audience completely surrounds the stage area basically. Here's an example of the Metallica stage:

meyer_tm_metallica_1.jpg

It doesn't look like there would be a pit though perhaps someone can clarify.

(You can already get an idea how large the capacity can get in some of these arenas. If they do end up playing the O2 it will be pretty small by Metallica standards.)

Wow, that looks amazin! Must be a pretty different gig to out door then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

It's when the audience completely surrounds the stage area basically. Here's an example of the Metallica stage:

It doesn't look like there would be a pit though perhaps someone can clarify.

(You can already get an idea how large the capacity can get in some of these arenas. If they do end up playing the O2 it will be pretty small by Metallica standards.)

There's no pit,all the floor is standing and first in gets to hit the rail. With the current set-up there's no bad spot on the floor,you are near the stage no matter where you stand.

Wow, that looks amazin! Must be a pretty different gig to out door then?

completely different vibe in my opinion......
    have seen them twice in the O2 in London, Sept '08 and March of this year, both times seated, so really looking forward to being on the floor in Belfast :-)

atmosphere should be crackin....

• Advertisement

NIBBS wrote: »
    completely different vibe in my opinion......
    have seen them twice in the O2 in London, Sept '08 and March of this year, both times seated, so really looking forward to being on the floor in Belfast :-)

atmosphere should be crackin....

Ive been to the last 3-4 gigs in dublin, all outdoor, was in the pit for the last one and was great so would love to see what its like at an indoor gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I rang the Sound Cellar today, and asked about a Dublin date. Tommy told me to ring again tomorrow as they may have more news!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

I missed this year's gig simply because I wanted to see them play indoors again. Hoping they announce an O2 gig or I'll be driving to Belfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

dcr22B wrote: »
    I missed this year's gig simply because I wanted to see them play indoors again. Hoping they announce an O2 gig or I'll be driving to Belfast.

Same here.

Mushy wrote: »
    *Thumbs up* No gigs ever on in ambassador anymore.

People its easy to get to Belfast....bus up and down, they run 24 hours.

rumour I heard was the 12th is a second night in the Odyssey.......we'll see what pans out......

have tickets for the 11th now - and Mushy is right Belfast is handy enough to get to/from - just wish it was a weekend rather than midweek

rumour I heard was the 12th is a second night in the Odyssey.......we'll see what pans out......

have tickets for the 11th now - and Mushy is right Belfast is handy enough to get to/from - just wish it was a weekend rather than midweek

Yeah weekend would be better, I'd prob try. Amazing nobody thought of 2 Belfast nights:O I'm not sure whether to go or not.

Did the bus thing for myself for QotSA two years ago, was back in bed by 3 o clock in UCD.

Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah weekend would be better, I'd prob try. Amazing nobody thought of 2 Belfast nights:O I'm not sure whether to go or not.

Did the bus thing for myself for QotSA two years ago, was back in bed by 3 o clock in UCD.

ya know ya want to Mushy......give in to the Dark side ;-)

one of the lads is driving us up, unfortunately car is full.......if he wasn't, I'd head up on the the bus - there are a few options.

If I was staying over I'd do the Aircoach return, walk from Jurys to the Odyssey isn't too bad at all........

ya know ya want to Mushy......give in to the Dark side ;-)

one of the lads is driving us up, unfortunately car is full.......if he wasn't, I'd head up on the the bus - there are a few options.

If I was staying over I'd do the Aircoach return, walk from Jurys to the Odyssey isn't too bad at all........

I'm not that pushed, exams on then are my finals, so might want to pay heed to them. And had weird dream last night that Them crooked Vultures were playin Olympia on 8th May. Felt like one of those things that will happen:eek: So that'd obviously take precedence for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

lord lucan wrote: »
    There's no pit,all the floor is standing and first in gets to hit the rail. With the current set-up there's no bad spot on the floor,you are near the stage no matter where you stand.

ugh ghey.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lee_

Just got tickets, If your not in the Fanclub you can join for about 40 Euro and get them Pre sale,

This is the only date so far in the UK and Ireland and will sell out in an instant 14,000 tickets...

Or you can chance your arm and try get them onsale at 9am Thursday morning..

• Advertisement

I'm surprised that the presale hasn't sold out already to be honest.........the Norwegian dates sold out pretty quickly, would have expected Belfast to be the same.......

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lee_

you reckon there is 3500 Metclub members in the UK and Ireland (4 per member)? They will probably be like gold dust..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭fergalfrog

It's looking like all the standing tickets are gone already in Belfast - I am looking for 2 and having no joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

hey fergalfrog, keep trying i gt bounced out 6/7 times started at 9 and just got 2 tix at quarterpast

Got two standing tickets at 9.02am, chuffed.

Will be home and all from the gig by 1am, the M1 is your friend :D

Going blind putting in these captcha words - been trying since 9 and no luck - it's not even going through the "your wait time is n minutes now" - just straight to none available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

Second date added.

Got two standing tickets for the second date (May 12th) - thanks to previous poster! I would have thought they would have waited a couple of days at least to announce second date - not at 9:30!
    This kinda screws up the lads with 10 tickets on ebay selling them for 139 each.

fergalfrog wrote: »
    This kinda screws up the lads with 10 tickets on ebay selling them for 139 each.
    Good enough for them, touting b*****ds!

• Advertisement

Any word on support acts?

Advertisement