Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Belfast May 11th/12th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lee_

Still standing tix available for the second date....

Lads any word on whether they'll play in the UK aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

it's very odd that they just added the 2nd date like that this morning, unless it really was an attempt to foil the touts - but with the limited amount of tickets available it won't make much of a difference I wouldn't think......

unusual not to have a club presale for the 2nd date........but glad for folks that missed out on the first........great to know they place is gonna be packed 6 months before the gig takes place :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lee_

They have reserved 49 quid tickets for fanclub members until the 4th of December

lee_ wrote: »
    They have reserved 49 quid tickets for fanclub members until the 4th of December

cheers lee - will have a look, was stuck without access this morning, so might see if any tickets are left now.....

they did say they were playing places they hadn't been in a long time, or never been to - so if they do hit the UK expect it to be unusualy venues....

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinlessgunner

Got me a standing ticket for the 1st gig at 9am this morning. Can't wait for a gig up in Norn Iron. This is gonna be great.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

looks like the last of the standing tickets for the second date went yesterday evening......phew just in time.

Any word on support acts?

Volbeat and Machine Head are playing with them at the minute, who knows about europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭frankletanc

METALLICA CONFIRM EXTRA BELFAST CONCERT DATE
    Only Irish and UK dates of 2010

Metallica have confirmed a second concert at the Odyssey Arena, Belfast on 12 May 2010.

Metallica will now play two dates on 11 and 12 May 2010.

These will be Metallica’s first concerts in Belfast in over 20 years. The concert will be In The Round. These will be the only concert dates that Metallica will play in the UK and Ireland in 2010.

Tickets priced from £49 including booking fee go on sale now

METALLICA
    ODYSSEY ARENA, BELFAST
    11 MAY, 2010
    12 May 2010 Extra Date On Sale Now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭LikeOhMyGawd!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

It'll be good to see Metallica at an indoor venue, I can't see any more dates being added, not least of all in Ireland

The last time Metallica played in Northern Ireland they played in Antrim, after 3 nights straight at the Top Hat in Dublin. When they got to the venue they nearly **** a brick as there was a bomb scare during Danzig's support set and the concert almost didn't happen.

They wouldn't return at all to Ireland until 1992

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Metallicaripper

Does anyone know if theres a return bus service from Dublin to Belfast for the Metallica gig on May 12th?? I know that Bus Eireann does a hourly service but it would be better crack if all Dublin Metallica fans organised a bus to get to the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

so as i've never been to belfast before am going to spend a few nights up there around the gig - any suggestions for a likely hotel where the band may stay?? - i fancy my chances of catching up with Lars or Rob at the breakfast buffet :D hilton looks like a likely spot based on the prices

so Volbeat and High on Fire are the confirmed support acts for May and Fear Factory and Gojira for April. I like Volbeat, just would rather see Fear Factory as I'll be catching Volbeat later in the summer anyways. Happy with the support acts everyone?

btw anyway know what the story is with transport to the gig?

--LOS-- wrote: »
    so Volbeat and High on Fire are the confirmed support acts for May and Fear Factory and Gojira for April. I like Volbeat, just would rather see Fear Factory as I'll be catching Volbeat later in the summer anyways. Happy with the support acts everyone?

btw anyway know what the story is with transport to the gig?

will be good to see High On Fire......but yeah I would love to have had Fear Factory - love the new album and would love to hear it live......
    but yeah happy with the supports, never seem Volbeat before so thats cool...

what info you looking for with regards transport ?

well I'll hopefully be busing it up and back so was wondering if theres any services up and back there at times to suit, mainly back. Else I'll be stayin overnight somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭akenny01

hey lads,

goin up to this on the 11th, anyone know of any good hotels/bnb's close to the arena at a decent price???

Is anyone else organised for this? :eek:

I'm hoping now to find somewhere to stay in Belfast coz it seems like too much hassle making it back the same day.

What is everyone else doing?

I'm having great fun watching the meet n greet vids on MetOnTour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Is anyone else organised for this? :eek:

I'm hoping now to find somewhere to stay in Belfast coz it seems like too much hassle making it back the same day.

What is everyone else doing?

I'm having great fun watching the meet n greet vids on MetOnTour :D

i MAY, just may be driving up on the afternoon of one of the gigs and driving back to dublin straight after, if i am i'll post here offering lifts for up to 3 peeps.

Will know for sure middle of the week

scudzilla wrote: »
    i MAY, just may be driving up on the afternoon of one of the gigs and driving back to dublin straight after, if i am i'll post here offering lifts for up to 3 peeps.

Will know for sure middle of the week

Are you going to both of them? ps I'm going on the 12th.

Bloody hell, why couldn't they just have played Dublin, this is too much organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Think i'l head up on the train on the 11th and stay in a hostel somewhere after the gig! Anyone know whos supporting??

• Advertisement

Think i'l head up on the train on the 11th and stay in a hostel somewhere after the gig! Anyone know whos supporting??

High on Fire and Volbeat. Train is a bit steep. Anyone know how much the bus is, doesn't let you check for Belfast on bus eireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

High on Fire and Volbeat. Train is a bit steep. Anyone know how much the bus is, doesn't let you check for Belfast on bus eireann.
    Did that trip couple months back.. Dublin to Belfast next day return was €22 ..think they give a few quid off that if you book online also..For anyone Northside aircoach.ie also run a Dublin Airport to Belfast service for €20 return but afaik their last bus back to Dublin leaves at 19.30 so you'll have to stay overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1233051340-1.pdf

There ye go, 24 hour buses Dublin-Belfast return.

http://www.translink.co.uk/goldlineexpressservice200.asp

That sites says it'll be 22e return from dublin. Easy, comfortable transport. Done it before, will be doing it again. Recommended getting the bus.

Mushy wrote: »
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1233051340-1.pdf

There ye go, 24 hour buses Dublin-Belfast return.

http://www.translink.co.uk/goldlineexpressservice200.asp

That sites says it'll be 22e return from dublin. Easy, comfortable transport. Done it before, will be doing it again. Recommended getting the bus.

I was able to locate the timetable but thanks! Def a lot cheaper than the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I was able to locate the timetable but thanks! Def a lot cheaper than the train.

Was more aimed at anyone, not just yourself. Always see people here bitching bout Belfast being too awkward when theres a quick bus journey away from it. I did it for Queens, doing it for Pearl Jam soon. Get your own bed too:D

ye I actually feel sorry now for all the people from Belfast who have to travel to Dublin all the time for gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

ye I actually feel sorry now for all the people from Belfast who have to travel to Dublin all the time for gigs.

Too true

anyone have any advice on somewhere to park close to the Odyssey ?

cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

So the gigs are - 'doors open at 6:30pm' 2 support acts and at least an hour and a half by Metallica.

Any idea what time it will all finish up at lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Nah, I feel bad for those in Cork. At least Belfast gets some gigs.

Advertisement