Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig keeps getting deleted

Options
  • 30-11-2009 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm a bit pissed off tbh as my sig keeps being deleted by someone. I have checked out the rules regarding sigs and have complied as far as I can see by keeping the size constraints under 20kb and also the text size at 2 or less, no profanity or [quotes] either. I have also received no pm's from whomever this bright spark is that keeps doing it for specifics as to why it's getting deleted. I was going to pm one of the Admins but found this section so decided to post here about it. It's my own site that I have in my sig and is very niche and in no way would take members away from here and as a Boardsie myself I do all I can to promote this site and tell many friends about it but I feel I'm being targeted by someone as I have seen many a sig slightly taller or longer than mine yet theirs have not been tampered with... :confused:

I'd appreciate a pm from an Admin or Mod regarding this issue please if it's not too much trouble.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Was that always your signature or was the image different to what you have? At the moment it seems ok, I'm not sure idf centered sigs are allowed right now but if it was that then someone would have put that in the replacement text. What was your sig replaced with? What text?

FYI, we won't PM you about your sig, we have way too many sig infractions to be discussing specifics about this via PM. Also, if I send you a PM what's to say you won't reply to the PM, should I wait x days for you to reply and then clip the sig? Should I keep a document on my computer telling me who has replied, who hasn't, who to PM again about it? We just clip sigs if they breach the rules, sorry, but it's the only way!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Thank you for your reply Gordon. My sig was slightly different before today and the overall width used to be 552px and that was the only infraction I could see but for the sake of 52 pixels I found it hard to believe that was the reason it got pulled three times by somebody.
    I appreciate your predicament regarding all the other sigs you have to foresee but would have appreciated a pm by whatever Mod or Admin it was to let me know what the issue was if it was more than the extra pixel width. I would be the type of person who would always reply to a pm by either a Mod or Admin but I see the problem if I didn't. Anyway hopefully with the changes I have made all will be fine from now on.

Thanks again for your reply.

Regards. ;)

Advertisement