Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts Omnibus electives

Options
  • 30-11-2009 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi there,

I'd like to do Arts DN012 next year, taking French and Spanish as my main subjects.

I would really like to take geography too, but unfortunately French and Geography are in the same subject group, and so I have to pick between the 2.

I was just wondering if this rule also applies to elective subjects? Ie: If my timetable isn't too busy and the courses didn't clash, could I take Geog as an elective for 5 credits or would I have to stick with a subject from a different group?

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

AFAIK you should be able to choose it as elective, but there is a high chance of timetable clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

I am doing psychology and geography, 20 credits in psychology and 10 in geography, no time tabling clashes or anything. I just had to re-arrange some stuff in the programming office. But yeah you can take geography as an elective, the groups are just guidelines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Guidelines based on timetabling concerns. Hence the reason there will probably be a clash. You might have gotten lucky, however that's likely to be the exception and not the rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 allyatsea

OK, thanks guys. I have checked the timetable, and basically it seems like it would be possible to do.

Also I will prob be exempt some French modules and therefore have a bit more time to take other modules as electives.

So if I understand correctly, as long as there are no clashes, nothing will prevent you from picking an elective in the same group as your major subject, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Absolutely right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement