Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where get a wig in Galway

Options
  • 30-11-2009 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭

After seeing the false eyelash thread does anyone know where I can get a wig and not one of the joke shop efforts even though its for a fancy dress, it needs to look fairly reasonable. Is there anywhere in the city that has them preferably as cheap as possible

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Cheap wigs never look all that great tbh. Spend a wee bit more(you don't have to go mad, just a few euro extra) and it always looks much better.

I'd recommend Ebay or www.thecostumeshop.ie

The costume shop offer next day delivery but their prices are a bit meh really; decent enough selection.

Fab selection on Ebay; some to be had quite reasonable; but obviously it takes a bit longer with delivery and if you need it sooner rather than later that might not be ideal.

There are lots of other costume shops based in the UK; you'll find their sites online; but tbh in most cases the P&P is ridiculous.

I got the deadliest wig on Ebay for Halloween; cost me £25 but it just looked super; really made the outfit:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Across the road from NUIG hospital, though in fairness I think they'll cost a bomb. They're not novelty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

There's a small african hair salon on Woodquay that sells good wigs, opposite the goalpost pub. Franca is the owners name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Just thought I'd bump this instead of creating a new thread.

But anybody know where I can pick up a big affro wig in Galway?

Tis for a 70s themed party so the bigger the better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Try Joke Shop above Butler's Cafe on Shop Street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 musharra

Skin a cat.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Try Joke Shop above Butler's Cafe on Shop Street.

Didn't think of there, thanks :)

Advertisement