Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5800

• 30-11-2009 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi,

I recently bought a nokia 5800 phone which was on the vodafone network but i go it unlocked so i could use my 3 sim does anyone know how i get the internet to work for my 3 network?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Hi,

A little off your topic, but could you tell me if that phone has a capacitive or resistive type touch screen on it? I head Nokia were supposed to be changing the 5800 to the capacitive type becuase the resistives weren't as smooth in operation.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

TheBigEvil wrote: »
    Hi,

A little off your topic, but could you tell me if that phone has a capacitive or resistive type touch screen on it? I head Nokia were supposed to be changing the 5800 to the capacitive type becuase the resistives weren't as smooth in operation.

Thanks

Google really is your friend, you'd have your answer in about 2 seconds. But yes it's resistive, and no, it will not be "upgraded" to a capacitive screen. They have however learned from their mistakes and released the X6, which has a capacitive screen, although it's very expensive for what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 SeanBhoy

TheBigEvil wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

Its a touch screen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

More like a 'press really hard' screen and then again and again and again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

SeanBhoy wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently bought a nokia 5800 phone which was on the vodafone network but i go it unlocked so i could use my 3 sim does anyone know how i get the internet to work for my 3 network?

Browse to "http://mobile.3ireland.ie/hb/HutchKey/" from your phone

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »

This is what i set up

Connection Name: 3
    Data Bearer: Packet Data
    Access Point Name: 3ireland.ie
    User name: -
    Prompt Password: No
    Password: -
    Authentication: Normal
    Homepage: http://mobile.3ireland.ie/hb/HutchKey
    Network Type: IPv4
    Phone IP address: Automatic
    DNS address: Automatic
    Proxy server address: None
    Proxy port number: 0

Connection Name: 3MMS
    Data Bearer: Packet Data
    Access Point Name: 3ireland.ie
    User name: -
    Prompt Password: No
    Password: -
    Authentication: Normal
    Homepage: http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc
    Network Type: IPv4
    Phone IP address: Automatic
    DNS address: Automatic
    Proxy server address: mms.3ireland.ie
    Proxy port number: 8799

i can now connect to the 3 homepage but nothing else when i try to use facebook or google it wont connect could it be an issue that there is no proxy server or port number assigned???

Any help would be appreciated, need my fix of facebook :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

do you have credit on your phone ?
    (3 home page is free to customers)

samhail wrote: »
    do you have credit on your phone ?
    (3 home page is free to customers)

i am on best of both so i can use facebook and google for free

Advertisement