Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

no hype about ssf photobook ?

• 30-11-2009 12:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

just happened to see the boards twitter about the ssf photobook for boards.ie.
    tried to search these boards and couldnt find one mention about it.

wasnt there alot more hype about it in here last year ?
    sticky topics, announcements if i remember correctly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

A lot of the posts for it are in this sub forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1066

Most start with [BPB].

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

ok good :) thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Sorry about this guys, move it wherever ye like, but where can i get the book from? Can I order it and have it delivered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I believe Darragh is starting the campain this week. I've just seen a twitter alert about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

I think the OP does raise a valid point about putting stuff in the sub-forum. I miss a mountain of stuff there too. My own fault. I know, but still.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

We put a lot of stuff in the Expeditions Forum as it would have taken a load of space in the Stickies here. We brought across the important thread at each time as a Sticky here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

Expeditions is not the most intuitive place to have the BPB threads, though I understand why they are there, maybe now that the movember campaign is coming to an end we could have a short sticky post in the main board with links to all the relevant info?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Ok awkward I know but is there any way of getting tho photobook without credit card or paypal?!

lol not with the times at all here!:o

Oh and just a little note to add, I didnt even realise profits went to the SSF. I know you all have your sig links to the site and I've seen them a few times but it doesn't mention anything about SSF charity connection on boards unless you really go looking for it. Might be an idea to add it to the sigs. Just my 2 cents!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

TelePaul wrote: »
    Sorry about this guys, move it wherever ye like, but where can i get the book from? Can I order it and have it delivered?
    KarmaGarda wrote: »

This is like a bad advertisment late night on Tv3, I can see the cheesy grins, while reading it. Made me laugh.

:-)

• Advertisement

Jemmy wrote: »
    Ok awkward I know but is there any way of getting tho photobook without credit card or paypal?!

lol not with the times at all here!:o

Oh and just a little note to add, I didnt even realise profits went to the SSF. I know you all have your sig links to the site and I've seen them a few times but it doesn't mention anything about SSF charity connection on boards unless you really go looking for it. Might be an idea to add it to the sigs. Just my 2 cents!

On the paypal/credit card bit... hrm, not sure. Good point on the photo book and SSF not clearly visible. And I made the signature! :o I'll have to have a play with it later to add that in maybe...

NORTH1 wrote: »
    This is like a bad advertisment late night on Tv3, I can see the cheesy grins, while reading it. Made me laugh.

:-)

I'm a Lazy poster :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

You could look into a prepaid credit card like 3V (or another one thats was on the tip of my toungue earlier). sign up for it, then goto a local shop that allows you to top them up and give the cash over.

I dont know whether the guys will be doing anything else (could wait for the campaign to start)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

KarmaGarda wrote: »
    On the paypal/credit card bit... hrm, not sure. Good point on the photo book and SSF not clearly visible. And I made the signature! :o I'll have to have a play with it later to add that in maybe...

Opps sorry, its a good clear sig just on first glance it doesn't mention the charity connection. For example I had been thinking hmm can I afford it, maybe, then when I realised some money went to the SSF I said ahh I'll stretch to it it's for a good cause.

EDIT: I haz one sorted thanks all! Now I'll get to see how useless ye all are! :P

I JOKE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

trishw78 wrote: »
    I believe Darragh is starting the campain this week. I've just seen a twitter alert about it.

Hiya, yes, will be spending time on this this week.

Blog post up:

http://blog.boards.ie/2009/11/30/the-boards-ie-photography-yearbook-2009-is-now-available/

And Announcement on the homepage

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055755622

and I'll be talking to people about it too.

Any and all suggestions welcome and appreciated.

Cheers

Darragh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Darragh wrote: »
    Hiya, yes, will be spending time on this this week.

Blog post up:

http://blog.boards.ie/2009/11/30/the-boards-ie-photography-yearbook-2009-is-now-available/

Boards has a blog :confused: :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Is there a definitive list of the contributors to the book?

Advertisement