Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cheep polaroid film

• 30-11-2009 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,
    Anywhere i can get cheap Polaroid film, off/online?
    I think i got 2 for 30 before beside jack'n'jones camera shop in temple bar ~

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Which type of Polaroid film?

600?

If it was, you were doing well to get 2 for 30!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

yeah i think 600, i think prices may have fluctuated since ;), that was probably 2 years ago !

Well, I'm paying 17 pounds for a box of 10 at the moment, and I think the going rate in Ireland is about €22 - €24 for a box of 10 - Polapremium.com have it online, but it's still pricy and P&P can be a pain in the arse.

It's all gone a bit wobbley for the moment.

thats outrageous ! I was thinking of pulling one of those fancy Polaroid walls in my bedroom, 100 euros for about 50 possible shots......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicpurr/3920603776/

any experience with particular ebay sellers?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Is that like polaroid film for chicks ?

I've given up on polaroid for the time being (except for the peel apart which I still use sparingly in my bronica). I await the first release of the impossible project stuff with a certain anticipation tempered with the knowledge that they'll probably still continue charging through the nose for it. Hopefully ilford will prove a moderating influence on them ...

• Advertisement

No experience with eBay and Polaroid film unfortunately. I only ever really buy it when I've a spare 20 quid in my pocket, and it's either Polaroid, or spend it on something stupider. Which is about every week.

Tbh, if you're going to invest in that many Polaroids, ditch the sh*tty 600 cameras and get an SX-70 if you don't already. You can modify it to put 600 film in, and there'll be new film out for it in the new year.

Thanks Fajitas!

Does anyone have a cheap 600 polaroid camera with FLASH , i could borrow for tonight?
    possibly before 10pm tonight? i live in town if anyones around !

Thanks !

I've several of them, but I'm in Waterford at the minute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I have two, but I'm in Walkinstown. If you can get up you're welcome to borrow..

thanks guys, i robbed one of my sis, was supposed to take some at the ferris wheel beside jervis but it was ringing and few of the shots came up with missing picture in the middle, got two anyway

4163984034_b76d8bfdcb.jpg

• Advertisement

question
    after getting 2 x 10 packs for 50 and used it on my 600, but theyre all coming out blurry and dim, so question: can i take out the film and put it in a different camera ? or will it spoil it if i take it out?

thanks

Placebo wrote: »
    question
    after getting 2 x 10 packs for 50 and used it on my 600, but theyre all coming out blurry and dim, so question: can i take out the film and put it in a different camera ? or will it spoil it if i take it out?

If you do it in as dim light as you can manage then you'll get away with just the top shot getting spoiled. If you can manage to do it in complete darkness then you'll be fine.
    As soon as you put it into another camera the top shot then -might- probably get ejected immediately, or might not, I can't remember, so if you have any darkslides sitting around (the black cardboard thing that gets ejected when you put the film in) and you want to save the top shot then put it back in.

Placebo wrote: »
    question

If you do it in as dim light as you can manage then you'll get away with just the top shot getting spoiled. If you can manage to do it in complete darkness then you'll be fine.
    As soon as you put it into another camera the top shot then -might- probably get ejected immediately, or might not, I can't remember, so if you have any darkslides sitting around (the black cardboard thing that gets ejected when you put the film in) and you want to save the top shot then put it back in.

Advertisement