Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't open my profile

• 30-11-2009 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm hoping someone may be able to help before i resort to bring the computor into PC world.
    the problem is when we try to access my account on the family computer following message comes up.
    "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded".
    There are 4 profiles set up but this is the only one that wont open.
    Its a new computer (4 mths) running on Vista.

If any body has any suggestion it would be great other wise it's off to PC World.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

It looks like someone has manually deleted your profile. According to Microsoft the only fix is to delete the profile completely.

To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
    1. Delete the profile by using the Computer Properties dialog box. To do this, follow these steps:
      1. Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
      2. Click Change settings.
      3. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
      4. Under User Profiles, click Settings.
      5. In the User Profiles dialog box, select the profile that you want to delete, click Delete, and then click OK.
    2. Click Start
      , type regedit in the Start search box, and then press ENTER.
    3. Locate and then expand the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
    4. Right-click the SID that you want to remove, and then click Delete.
    5. Log on to the computer and create a new profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭good one

Thanks Mataguri,

Will deleting the profile mean i've lost all the photo's music etc saved in that profile? or how can i retreive it.

Thanks for the help as i'm not exactly great at this sort of thing:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

You can manually copy any photo's or Doc's onto the root of the C: drive and they should be fine then.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭good one

Thanks to Mataguri & uch, much appreciated:D

Advertisement