Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice (IRL) - Season 2 Week 11 Discussion

Options
  • 30-11-2009 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

From TV3.ie

It's week eleven and teams Cuchulainn and Platinum are given the ultimate change of creating a 30" radio ad, and a complementary advertorial for Appleby jewellers. Both ads should contain a new creative tagline for the company and will run during the lead up to Christmas.

See the site also for sneak peek!

I'm not as excited about it now though now like Breff and Aoiffe arwe gone :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭FruttiTutti

I would be prepared to put a good chunk of hard cash on Lucinda getting the boot tonight.

EDIT: This is just my opinion btw!!

From TV3.ie

It's week eleven and teams Cuchulainn and Platinum are given the ultimate change of creating a 30" radio ad, and a complementary advertorial for Appleby jewellers. Both ads should contain a new creative tagline for the company and will run during the lead up to Christmas.

See the site also for sneak peek!

I'm not as excited about it now though now like Breff and Aoiffe arwe gone :(

Delighted to see the back of Aoiffe, that girl has no respect, for herself especially.

It's not the same without the Breffmeister.

Does anybody know who was invited back to help out on the final task? I'm hoping we'll get to see the Breffmeister in action again in the final week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

The interview week must be coming up soon as well? Would it be next week? Now that I'm dying to see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

they all usually come back for the final night?

The interview week must be coming up soon as well? Would it be next week? Now that I'm dying to see!

I think the interview week must be next week too, cos the final is the following week :)

• Advertisement

conno16 wrote: »
    they all usually come back for the final night?

I don't think all of them do? In the english one they definitely didn't anyway, I can't really remember the Irish one last year. I don't know though maybe you're right. It'll be weird seeing the first few that went again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I assume tonight is 2 vs. 2, but does anyone know the format of next week and the final? Never watched any of the previous seasons. Ms Conroy Sam was a teacher in my old school so started watching it, and got hooked this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

I don't think all of them do? In the english one they definitely didn't anyway, I can't really remember the Irish one last year. I don't know though maybe you're right. It'll be weird seeing the first few that went again!!
    they always come back in the english one

Stee wrote: »
    I assume tonight is 2 vs. 2, but does anyone know the format of next week and the final? Never watched any of the previous seasons. Ms Conroy Sam was a teacher in my old school so started watching it, and got hooked this season.
    next week will likely be individual interviews with some of Bills advisors / business partners.
    the week after will see some or all of the previous candidates return and the 2 finalists pikcing teams to complete the final task.
    usualy a product launch or event

subway wrote: »
    they always come back in the english one

There were at least 3 or 4 that didn't come back on last years UK Apprentice for the final task. I know some come back, but I don't think all the contestants come back.

I'm almost certain last years most infamous contestant on the Irish one (Joanna) wasn't back for the final task either?

Anyway it doesn't matter, I assume the Breffmeister will be back and it will be some of the lesser lights of the series that won't be!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

ginger or gerry gone tonight imo

There were at least 3 or 4 that didn't come back on last years UK Apprentice for the final task. I know some come back, but I don't think all the contestants come back.

I'm almost certain last years most infamous contestant on the Irish one (Joanna) wasn't back for the final task either?

Anyway it doesn't matter, I assume the Breffmeister will be back and it will be some of the lesser lights of the series that won't be!
    yeah, usually a few dont come back alright.
    misread your post as i thought you meant sometimes the final doesnt have any returning losers candidates :)

JP Liz wrote: »
    ginger or gerry gone tonight imo

I'm sticking with Lucinda!! I am wrong a lot though!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

It's gotta be Ginger Steve's turn to say bye bye tonight-he's completely pointless in there! He just annoys me now...

Geraldine...I'm starting to get sick of her as well...I think she can be very sneaky...

I'd say it's between English Steve and Lucinda!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I'm going with Ginger Steve to get the boot tonight. Looking at the trailer for tonight's show the board room looks like English Steve and Lucinda on one team and Ginger and the Howya on the other side. So I think it's either English Steve or Ginger Steve up for the chop.

I wonder are they going to have an interview stage this year, TV3 are surely not going to loose the revenue with an interview show when then could be making money from a corporate company.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

What are the odds that brightwater recruitment will be involved in the interview stage if there is one?
    Considering they make a point of speaking to their "expert" on you're fired every week...

I don't know if this is a spoiler or not so I've blocked it out, but the following comments are just based on TV3's adverts for this weeks show:
    It looks like ginger steve and geraldine are on the same team, so if they win the task then neither will go, and I have a feeling they might win it, which would mean either Lucinda or Englist Steve getting the boot, I can't see Bill firing Steve as I think his sales skills are excellent so I think Lucinda might get the chop!

There's a fine line between whats a spolier and what isn't here so apologies to anyone who thinks that is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'm surprised they're not having the interviews this week, there are usually 4 contestants left at the interview stage aren't there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Lucinda for the high jump tonight, purely because she is not very good at anything and she would have been fired last week only for somehow her crew won the task. If she loses tonight shes gone. Wonder if eircom took her back :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

FruttiTutti - I like the logic behind that post of yours. I've been thinking the same.
    Also, the ads have been saying a "shock" firing. IMO that means ginger Steve stays - it wouldn't be a shock if he was fired!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭funsize

Did I just see a massive spoiler on a TV3 trailer?? What the feck is wrong with them?

Why not just show a clip of the eventual winner and save us the bother of watching it at all?

Feckin eejits - if anyone from TV3 is reading this, you're a feckin eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Finally, "I'm a Non-Entity, Let Me Rot In Here" is over, and we can enjoy the Apprentice!

It had better be an improvement on last week, because now there are no real personalities . At least if the task is good, it might make for a good programme.

Let's see...

Appleby's... again!

And Bill's mixed metaphors... "to help me sort de wood from de treeyes" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

Oh Breffni... its just not the same :(:(:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Weren't Appleby's in last years Apprentice as well? Or there was something very similar in the English one? I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Weren't Appleby's in last years Apprentice as well? Or there was something very similar in the English one? I can't remember.

Yeah I thought I was having deja vu! I think it was last year's Irish one, they had to think of a free gift to give out to Appleby's customers? I think one team made a Christmas decoration.

The way the teams are divided is absolutely ridiculous, they shouldn't have the two strongest against the two weakest.

It was in the Irish one last year... I'm sure there was something about a classy black gift card or some such.

I'd never heard of Appleby's before last year. Is there something special about them or are they just salt o' de ert Duubs like Bill?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ginger Steve needs to loosen his collar...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Geraldine and "classy elegance"? Oh puhlease :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ger -"Whyzz aren't yeh drippin' with gold"? she was only half joking too...

Advertisement