Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice (IRL) - Season 2 Week 11 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

dresden8 wrote: »
    Is You're fired on now, I missed the link

Its on TV3.

Edit: lol...sort of missed a page or two there. D'oh

Can't watch You're Fired at all. Brendan O'Connor makes me sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

thermo66 wrote: »
    Well there's another person who would hire Ger !!

Oh no........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

stepbar wrote: »
    Oh no........

YAY!! GO GER!!

**** you Aoiffe!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

YAY!! GO GER!!

**** you Aoiffe!!!!

so Thermo66...are you sister or friend?

Time to come clean!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Hate that stupid dating/whoreline ad!

Her wig is soooo obvious! I's falling off at the end! You can see her brown hair underneath

• Advertisement

so Thermo66...are you sister or friend?

Time to come clean!

HAHA! No :eek::o:eek::o:eek::o:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I think she's Jackies sister.....

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pudzianowski

Well there's another person who would hire Ger !!

She has just said she thought Lucinda would win, i'm afraid Ger is only her second choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

HAHA! No :eek::o:eek::o:eek::o:eek:

Stick your tongue out!

Jaysus judging by the swing of public opinion you could be on to something...

surely not

She has just said she thought Lucinda would win, i'm afraid Ger is only her second choice.

I thought she said that based on the pitches she'd hire Ger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Breff was bang on there. If she only knew when to keep schtum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I see TV3 spoilered next weeks show by clearly showing who gets fired. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dalquist

Bond-007 wrote: »

Ohhhh I feel a ban coming on !!!! you should phone them !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Gahhhh wrong choice made last night IMO! Loved Lucinda, and apart from this task, she did well in all the others, and seems like a genuinely nice girl - mind you, that was pretty much her downfall, as Bill said. As someone else said, I think he's seeing euro signs flashing before him regarding Steve - he knows he can sell well.

Ger played a blinder in fairness last night - while her presentation was less than professional, the Appleby's guys seemed to like her all the more for it!

Ginger Steve...just...WHY? Why is he still there? As mentioned, all he's really been is this whole thing is a passenger from start to finish....I honestly can't remember one week where he's stood out...and the way he says "ok" in the middle of every sentence is seriously grating on me!

I'd call Lucinda the female version of Breff - classics including about getting an immigrant to clean the house, "I think myself and Steve have different brains", "the beginning of the end" (on receiving Applyby's jewellery :D), "Could we try and get Bill Gates?" (Microsoft task), "It was funny for a day or two, it's been going on for a while now and its turned into the Brefmonster at this stage" (on Breff's increasing idiocy)

Ger and Steve R for final two - too close a call to say who'll win though!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Indeed it is and I hope Bill makes a business decision and nothing else. Yes Geraldine is from a disadvantage background and Steve is English but IMO Steve is the better candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Well in fairness I thought Lucinda was quite dull and lacking in imagination as bourne out by her incredibly bad 3 wise men (who looked like three bored lads at a Christmas party they didn't want to be at) ad campaign and her appearance on the You're Fired show. At least English Steve can sell which is why I think he will win and Bill picked him last night, expect to meet him at one of Bill's top showrooms if you have the bad sense to want to buy a new Renault next year.

Secman banned for 2 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

they did?! didnt see it thank god... if its not steve il eat my shoe!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

glasso wrote: »
    Lucinda - every time somebody makes an observation about her - both during the show and now on you're fired she agrees - "so right, I completely agree" - wtf - very annoying. like have a feckin' opinion ffs.
    +1 If Bill told her the earth was triangular shaped she would have nodded and agreed with him like he was some sort of genius :rolleyes: I actually thought in earlier episodes she was the only one that displayed any sort of cop-on but as the dredges were fired she was shown herself to be equally as bad, absolutey bereft of any ideas and submerged in a misguided belief in her own ability.
    Are you for real ? Geraldine could easily have been the "one that got away" for the last 3 weeks on the spin. Jackie said shes great with people, i.e. she can chat, but sure a transition year student could manage that. She has been horribly exposed of late for what she is and I for one can't wait to see her get decimated in the interviews next week which I fully expect her to get binned.
    patmac wrote: »
    Well in fairness I thought Lucinda was quite dull and lacking in imagination as bourne out by her incredibly bad 3 wise men (who looked like three bored lads at a Christmas party they didn't want to be at) ad campaign and her appearance on the You're Fired show. At least English Steve can sell which is why I think he will win and Bill picked him last night, expect to meet him at one of Bill's top showrooms if you have the bad sense to want to buy a new Renault next year.
    Nail on head. Steve can sell and its patently obvious thats all Cullen was after, probably the most expensive salesman he will ever hire! If he wins he will quickly realise that hes getting paid top dollar to sell tat and he'll move on a year later with nothing more on his CV than sales in Cullen's "diverse empire" :rolleyes:

I didnt see You're Fired but I heard this morning from someone who watched it that Lucinda was very cocksure of herself and said that Cullen made a mistake by not hiring her as he could have got himself a bargain at €100k as she expects to snare a €200k job shortly :eek: If she did say this, then someone call the good folk in the white coats please as shes clearly delusional.

I was PMSL at her in the boardroom about why she shouldnt be fired, I have never seen such cringe and desperation thrown into 2 minutes of TV. She said she wanted to learn from Cullen, for that alone she should have been thrown out on her ear.If she was all the things she claimed she was then she wouldnt have been on the bloody show in the first place she would already made a successful career for herself elsewhere, zero credibility. Im sure eircom are looking to move her up the corporate ladder to deputy CEO as we speak :rolleyes:

And as for Cullen saying to AoiFFe last week and again to Odo last night that they would be successful somewhere else but not for him, absolute uber patronising. FFS Bill, if they were any use they wouldnt have been there in the first place. Arseing around selling ice-creams and making radio ads is not a platform for someone catapulting themselves into some sort of fast track career advancement.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Classic ploy, they'll change the seating arrangement at the last minute to "surprise" us. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Whats with all the anti-Geraldine sentiment?
    She did a damn good job last night, and was easily the most impressive of the 4 (for this task anyway).

Geraldine was easily the best of the 4 last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Sizzler wrote: »
    I didnt see You're Fired but I heard this morning from someone who watched it that Lucinda was very cocksure of herself and said that Cullen made a mistake by not hiring her as he could have got himself a bargain at €100k as she expects to snare a €200k job shortly :eek: If she did say this, then someone call the good folk in the white coats please as shes clearly delusional.

Ahahahaha! I must watch it to see that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Westmeath Lass

I have to agree Geraldines jingle was really catchy and she worked really well in the studio – What was with the three wise men ??

I didnt see You're Fired but I heard this morning from someone who watched it that Lucinda was very cocksure of herself and said that Cullen made a mistake by not hiring her as he could have got himself a bargain at €100k as she expects to snare a €200k job shortly If she did say this, then someone call the good folk in the white coats please as shes clearly delusional.

Straight from a call centre to 200k a year? Clearly delusional indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Mr E wrote: »
    Whats with all the anti-Geraldine sentiment?
    She did a damn good job last night, and was easily the most impressive of the 4 (for this task anyway).
    Geraldine was easily the best of the 4 last night.
    Sorry folks, pains me to say it but Bosco won them that task last night on his own. The advertorial looked professional and he gushiness of the text was truly inspired.
    I have to agree Geraldines jingle was really catchy and she worked really well in the studio – What was with the three wise men ??
    The jingle was absolute tack. Could have easily have been an advert for Dunnes Stores.
    Straight from a call centre to 200k a year? Clearly delusional indeed.
    Scary stuff :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Are you for real ? Geraldine could easily have been the "one that got away" for the last 3 weeks on the spin. Jackie said shes great with people, i.e. she can chat, but sure a transition year student could manage that. She has been horribly exposed of late for what she is and I for one can't wait to see her get decimated in the interviews next week which I fully expect her to get binned.

Yep I'm for real. We can all blatantly see that Bill has a soft spot for Geraldine - and tbh, I think from the remaining 3 standing, she deserves it the most. She seems to have the most energy - whereas Ginge does absolutely nothing, and while Steve is a great salesman, that seems to be where his talents end. No creeeeativ-it-ee like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭JackieO

Would someone just do the decent thing and fire Bill. He's by far the worst on the show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I thought Lucinda was going to win it. I thought her record of winning 9 of the previous 10 tasks would swing it for her last night but ended up counting for nothing. I thought it was supposed to be a 13 week process and not based on the back of 1 bad task.

Conversely, English Steve is the ultimate one trick pony. Sales, sales and more sales. He performed just as poorly as Lucinda last night but 1 good sales task saved him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭JackieO

English Steve will definately win it - there is no doubt about that.

Bill is totally blinkered by the one great sales performance which he did have a few weeks ago and in his own words........is unable to see the wood from the trees now.

Advertisement