Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Article about Limerick in Irish Times 30/11/09

Options
  • 30-11-2009 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

An article in today's Irish Times was talking about the economic situation that Limerick finds itself in today. While it does not really say anything new I thinks its refreshing to get a piece in a national newspaper that does not make a single reference to crime families or drugs.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2009/1130/1224259710208.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

A good honest article about Limerick City.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I got a free doughnut with my coffee from one of the shops in William Street some months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

So it looks like the Opera centre isnt going to be opening soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

So it looks like the Opera centre isnt going to be opening soon

Wont even be under construction soon. Give it 10 years before it even opens imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

And what of the super retail site at Groody, are they ever going to get going?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Yes -that is where the city is at right now. Good journalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

And what of the super retail site at Groody, are they ever going to get going?!

I would prefer that place to be restored as a green area. Having three shopping centres in proximity to each other is lunacy of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

jmccoy wrote: »
    I would prefer that place to be restored as a green area. Having three shopping centres in proximity to each other is lunacy of the highest order.

Somebody would have to buy it from the bank, level it, rezone the area and then build it back to a green zone.

I suggest the council concentrate on building the park in Raheen instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

Berty wrote: »
    Somebody would have to buy it from the bank, level it, rezone the area and then build it back to a green zone.

I suggest the council concentrate on building the park in Raheen instead.

The chances are that it will be in public ownership under NAMA.

Advertisement