Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

charity that takes kids toys

• 30-11-2009 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I've a load of toys, that are in great nick(even have the boxes for most), that I want to give to a charity...but aside from Oxfam, I can't find anyone to take them!

I was hoping that there'd be a charity that would be able to give the toys directly to needy kids rather than selling them.

Has anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

I'd imagine saint Vincent de Paul would be very grateful of them especially at this time of year,and as far as I know they distribute them directly too.

Here are their contact numbers.

http://www.eircomphonebook.ie/search/Waterford/st_vincent_de_paul.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

Maybe your local Church?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Fair play to ya!

VDP is a great idea.

You might be able to do your own version of the Santa Strike Force in Waterford, but as far as I remember normally buy new toys as gifts. Perhaps that might change this year
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=419

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Another suggestion, the Women's Refuge may take them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭baybike

:)Thanks for all the replies guys!
    Never even thought of the SVDP...I'll give them a ring now.

Deisemum, if I googled the Women's refuge, would I find their details?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'm not sure because there may be safety issues but it might be worth phoning Women's Aid on 1800 341 900 and they should know.

The refuge just occured to me as a lot of times children have to leave everything behind.

Advertisement