Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get Planet 3 on phone after product code change & software update

• 30-11-2009 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Changed the product code and updated the software on my Nokia 6220.

Can anyone tell me how to get planet 3 up & running on the phone again - I want to download skype again.....

Thanks in advance Kilsmum:):):):)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

go to web page on your phone and type the folowing
    http://mobile.3ireland.ie/Hb/Hutchkey
    that brings you on to the planet 3 page were you can down load Skype although im having trouble downloading MSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Thanks Donkey Balls - tried that but it doesnt load up the page - it does start but gets stuck quarter way through:(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

kilsmum wrote: »
    Thanks Donkey Balls - tried that but it doesnt load up the page - it does start but gets stuck quarter way through:(:(:(

Do you type it into your phone browser exactly, including the uppercase lettering?

Davy wrote: »
    Do you type it into your phone browser exactly, including the uppercase lettering?

Sorted !- went back on the items covered in the beginning of this post on the frequently covered questions - substituted a small h for the big H in Hb and its working a treat now!!!

Thanks for your help Donkey Balls & Davy :):):):):)

Donkey Balls.....

Just to let you know I tried downloading the MSN and get "certificate error - contact the supplier" changed the settings on the phone to accept all software installations and turned off the online certificate check but it still doesnt work

Kilsmum

• Advertisement

kilsmum wrote: »
    Donkey Balls.....

Just to let you know I tried downloading the MSN and get "certificate error - contact the supplier" changed the settings on the phone to accept all software installations and turned off the online certificate check but it still doesnt work

Kilsmum

yeah im having the same problem contacted three customer care they told me it must be something to do with were i live signal goes from 3g to 2g. i have since downloaded it throught the OVI store doesent seem to be working though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

If you are having problems installing Skype you will need to bring it into your nearest 3store to get the 3 software put back onto the phone. The repair company will realise you changed the product code and updated with nokia generic software and charge you as the warranty is now void.

Walkman wrote: »
    If you are having problems installing Skype you will need to bring it into your nearest 3store to get the 3 software put back onto the phone. The repair company will realise you changed the product code and updated with nokia generic software and charge you as the warranty is now void.

dont think so i changed the product code on my N97 still had issues with the gps/signal left the phone into fone menders then MPRC they fixed it even though i updated the S/W myself

Walkman wrote: »

Skype isnt the problem - its working fine!:)

Advertisement