Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need your advice !

Options
  • 30-11-2009 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi
    My name is Yang, I am a graduate of UCD, holding a business degree and MBS in EC. The problem for me is i dont know anything about software programming, so I would like to find a professional course in this area.

1. What computer language is suitable for me? Jave? C++? or anything else
    2. Which college or institute is the best for this type of training?

Again, Thanks very much for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

start off with java or c#. get a book and teach yourself. if you not into that route, then look at ucds' post grad courses. there is a number of them in computer programming. there is no language that is suited to you. start with one and work from there.

java or c# would probably be the best to start with. learn the concepts and theory behind programming and you will pick up any language pretty quickly thou.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭whufee

nialo wrote: »
    start off with java or c#. get a book and teach yourself. if you not into that route, then look at ucds' post grad courses. there is a number of them in computer programming. there is no language that is suited to you. start with one and work from there.

java or c# would probably be the best to start with. learn the concepts and theory behind programming and you will pick up any language pretty quickly thou.

Thank you very much !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

The best learning process for this is to start off in c programming language. It's the hardest of them all. Once you know this you'll find c# easier to do....then java would be way too easy after doing them 2 first. This is the order i learned them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭whufee

HandWS LTD wrote: »
    The best learning process for this is to start off in c programming language. It's the hardest of them all. Once you know this you'll find c# easier to do....then java would be way too easy after doing them 2 first. This is the order i learned them

Where did you learn it? Any recommended schools or colleges ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Jiri

whufee wrote: »
    Where did you learn it? Any recommended schools or colleges ?
    I wouldn't recomend to start with C altough I started with it many years ago. I would recomend some language which you learn OOP from the very beginning ( Java, C# or C++, but C++ is quite difficult to start learning with)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

Jiri wrote: »
    I wouldn't recomend to start with C altough I started with it many years ago. I would recomend some language which you learn OOP from the very beginning ( Java, C# or C++, but C++ is quite difficult to start learning with)

Sometimes it best to start at the hardest as you'll find the other's very easy. As you said C++ is quite difficult to start learning with, that is why knowing C will make C++ easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Jiri

HandWS LTD wrote: »
    Sometimes it best to start at the hardest as you'll find the other's very easy. As you said C++ is quite difficult to start learning with, that is why knowing C will make C++ easier.

I meant that IMHO it is better to start with OOP with the first programming language - to learn thinking in OOP before start learning any particular language or together with it.
    And learning C++ for C programmers cold be sometimes more difficult than to start learning C++ from the scratch

Advertisement