Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Club Problem

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

darc wrote: »
    :D:D:D

The idea of throwing in the wrong word error comment was to see the reaction from the OP.

I think we now know why person number 3 was not allowed in especially if they have a similar style of attack that the OP has. Or maybe it the OP themselves that were not allowed in????

I'm well past sell by date on clubs, (I fondly remember Blinkers!) and in my time the bouncers could discriminate whatever way they liked. What I learnt, was be polite as pie to the bouncers, bow in their presence and then call them whatever names you wish under your breath or in your head.

Unfortunately too many people think the bouncers are a challenge and that they know everything about "the law" and that they'll get the bouncer sacked etc etc and then get peeved when they're told to eff off!

Manners is all that's needed!

Nope im not into the whole clubbing scene,although i do the love the music...

Btw bouncers have to give a reason as to why your not allowed in..If they say your drunk,you get it on tape,the go to a hospital for a alcohol test and its negative,i think you can sue them but dont count my word for it,im only a dumb idiot that cant spell and should go back to school and learn some consumer law:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Fol20 wrote: »
    Nope im not into the whole clubbing scene,although i do the love the music...

Btw bouncers have to give a reason as to why your not allowed in.

No, they don't.

Also, do you see the correlation between the first and the second sentence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Btw bouncers have to give a reason as to why your not allowed in..If they say your drunk,you get it on tape,the go to a hospital for a alcohol test and its negative,i think you can sue them but dont count my word for it,im only a dumb idiot that cant spell and should go back to school and learn some consumer law:(:(

Sue them for what? The €10 price of the ticket? Not going to be heard anywhere. When the ticket was bought, certain conditions came with it namely that you accepted the club have a door policy to enforce.
    However, what if the club refused everybody except for one person to make a massive profit. Is that allowed? Could everybody claim individually or would a mass action be the way to do it?

A friend of mine did a security course,he told me that they have to give a valid reason

Sue them for what? The €10 price of the ticket? Not going to be heard anywhere. When the ticket was bought, certain conditions came with it namely that you accepted the club have a door policy to enforce.
    However, what if the club refused everybody except for one person to make a massive profit. Is that allowed? Could everybody claim individually or would a mass action be the way to do it?

Im not talking about what happened to my friend,im talking generally,if you never took any alcohol and they said your too drunk and if you can prove both that he said that and that you were not drunk,well as far as i know you can do something or so im told..

Beware,i might have a load of grammar mistakes

• Advertisement

Im not talking about what happened to my friend,im talking generally,if you never took any alcohol and they said your too drunk and if you can prove both that he said that and that you were not drunk,well as far as i know you can do something or so im told..

Beware,i might have a load of grammar mistakes

Oh, thanks for telling me . . . :confused:

I presume that a doorman is not to be held legally accountable for refusing entry to somebody for being too drunk when he realistically cannot be expected to breathalise every Tom, Drunk and Harry who queues up to get in. I suppose that's why you don't turn up to a club 'too drunk'

A friend of mine did a security course,he told me that they have to give a valid reason

"Sorry, you're too drunk"

That is a valid reason. Does it need to be backed up with more than "I thought you looked very drunk that's why I refused you" ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

My god reading this thread the OP's attitude absolutely stinks, id say "X" is him/her tbh and I dont know why any of you are helping said OP.

FearDark wrote: »
    My god reading this thread the OP's attitude absolutely stinks, id say "X" is him/her tbh and I dont know why any of you are helping said OP.

Please go on runt . . .

FearDark wrote: »

Thread spoiling,personal abuse???

And yet again,as i said already,clubbing isnt my scene so it isnt me.

• Advertisement

"Sorry, you're too drunk"

That is a valid reason. Does it need to be backed up with more than "I thought you looked very drunk that's why I refused you" ?

My friend told me that a phrase like "your too drunk!" is a something that can be used against him,however if they use "in my opinion,you are too drunk",nothing can be done

My friend told me that a phrase like "your too drunk!" is a something that can be used against him,however if they use "in my opinion,you are too drunk",nothing can be done

Is that not mere semantics? And anyway, the bouncer could argue that because you were 'too drunk', hence you failed to hear the "in my opinion" bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Gonzales

darc wrote: »
    I think you should stay at school and learn how to spell and then maybe learn a little about consumer law.

The word you are looking for is "ALLOW / ALLOWED"

Your friends who paid in were allowed in. They were not refused admission and they were not kicked out of the club.

Unfortunately the the third person was not allowed in as they must have contravened club policy / looked dodgy / underage as per club rules or had drink taken. All of which are valid reasons for refusing entry.

The two who were allowed into the club decided themselves that they did not want to enter and were not prevented from doing so by the club. The club did not sell you entry based on the third person being allowed in and therefore the club is fully within their rights to refuse a refund.

They paid for entry and were permitted to enter, the fact that they left before going through the magic door has no relevance whatsoever.

I think you might like to consider a more courteous attitude in future posts, you come across as a right "you know what" in your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Gonzales

connundrum wrote: »
    The club has the right to refuse entry, your friends who had paid in were granted entry - it was their own choice not to continue the night in that club.

Hit the nail on the head there. It's tough but c'est la vie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Yep, i always used the phrase "Sorry, in my opinion you've had a bit too much to drink"

Was always nice with the person aswell, good manners and having the right attitude went a long long way.
    If ya let some1 in who's totally locked then if they have an accident inside, like fall down some stairs, the club would be liable for letting him/her inside in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I dont think we learnt anything about the OP from your test but we learnt alot about you.
    I did learn something, he flew off the handle and now I am not surprised he got refused. This is a common enough tactic of bouncers, they can refuse people simply to see how they respond. It is quite a good idea, people are acting all nice going up to the door and they have no idea how they would react inside the club, if say somebody spilled a drink on them etc.

We used to have a tactic that worked nearly all the time, if we were refused we would remain perfectly calm and just say fair enough, we would stand aside and start to discuss (calmly) where we might go instead. This was to show that though we may be drunk we were not rowdy or likely to cause trouble. Many times the bouncers would invite us in without us even having to ask again, and if we did ask it would be a humble request.

Now I am in no doubt why they would refuse you. It reminds me of lads trying to challenge the gardai.

Jev/N wrote: »
    Is that not mere semantics? And anyway, the bouncer could argue that because you were 'too drunk', hence you failed to hear the "in my opinion" bit.

It would all be hearsay unless it is recorded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Pubs and clubs do not have to give reason for refusing you entry or service.

They must have a valid reason but they dont have to tell you what that reason is.

It would all be hearsay unless it is recorded

Exactly; so if you later argued whether a reason was given, whether it wasn't or whether it didn't apply, it wouldn't really matter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Why go to these over priced places, pay for slapped up drink and risk your life that some drugged up looder won't want to see to you later on outside?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

No they don't, that won't work, no you can't, we won't, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ecom

Gonzales wrote: »
    Hit the nail on the head there. It's tough but c'est la vie.

any business with any decency and customer service values, be they shops, restaurants, nightclubs etc should refund a customer money on the grounds of good customer service particularly if it's not going to cost them time or money to do so.

In this case, it's likely that the club in question could have easily given a refund (or even a credit note!!) but for whatever reason chose not to. In this circumstance I personally would have given a refund, however as stated by other posters they are not legally obliged to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Johnaldinioh

I am a bouncer in town and there is a law which states if you wrongly accuse someone of being drunk and it is then proven they are not drunk the club and bouncer can be sued this is a fact . If someone comes up to door and you don't like the look of them you have to clearly say IN MY OPINION you are too drunk or else if the person has half a brain they will cause trouble. Ever hear of cases of security guards stopping people going out of shops accusing them of stealing and then found not to have stolen anything same principle. Also spelling come on who cares if op spelt a few words wrong people are so ignorant to this type of thing wrecks my head.If anyone wants to point me in the right direction thinking they know the law when clearly none of you do and are just arrogant and contradictory. Op is 100 per cent right. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! me be da big bd buncer dat cnt spll antin lol corrct tht fr me pls

In fairness though most people, similar to instances of "knowing" their rights in relation to consumer law, tend to start spouting tidbits of inaccurate or incomplete knowledge relating to the law thinking they know everything.

Unless you knew (at the time) that the bouncer needed to precede the whole thing with "in my opinion", it'd be useless as, as I mentioned above, it one be one person's word against the other.

Lastly, seen as you say "there is a law which states if...", can you point us in the direction of it? I'm not contending it doesn't exist but anything I have searched in relation to refusal of admission to a licensed premises hasn't resulted in anything similar to that?

it was a a security trainer that explained all the laws to me i not sure where to find them on the net . i would have to take his word as he is trained and part of issa etc . it would be very uncommon for this to happen but if a person is on the ball has a recorder etc and witnesses. I have gotten a bouncer fired from a certain club due to being refused entry wrongly and treated bad dont want to go into it really .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

Danno wrote: »
    Why go to these over priced places, pay for slapped up drink and risk your life that some drugged up looder won't want to see to you later on outside?

Get off your high horse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

I hate people that correct grammer ,your probably some ****ing loner who has nothing better to do.You get what i mean yet you still want to correct my spelling;NERD!!

By the way, it's 'grammar' not 'grammer'. Think of all this as a free English lesson.

why thank you for that . eh not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one word wrong in the whole thing thats not bad going . Get a life people :rolleyes:

Advertisement