Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

jap import performance parts

• 30-11-2009 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

hi all

would anybody know somewhere a good site or that ,where i could source performance parts for a jap import such as strut bars and the like

would appreciate any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/

That link might help,also some main dealers can source performance parts for your car if you cant find them yourself, obviously the bill will show this though so be prepared, if it's a toyota import then try TRD race developments, as far as i know they're based in the U.S so you could be waiting a while for delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Try through the owners clubs of the respective car.

Usually have discounts and recommended traders. What car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

thanks for the replys,wll have a look at that link later ,

its for a honda inspire i havent come accross any owners clubs only for honda vigour nearly the same car but not exatly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

thanks for the replys,wll have a look at that link later ,

its for a honda inspire i havent come accross any owners clubs only for honda vigour nearly the same car but not exatly

Its built on the Honda accord chassis. Older ones on the Honda legand.

Have a look at a Honda accourd/ Legand and break out your measuring tape.

Its built on the Honda accord chassis. Older ones on the Honda legand.

Have a look at a Honda accourd/ Legand and break out your measuring tape.

ahh ive done alot of research on this car i have it a good while now its my fave car had some work done too it sounds like a v8 now ha ha , theres lots of variations of it the vigour and cc2 inspire are the most compatible and the old big accord i think 1990 one,my one seems to be the rarest to locate the cc3 version,but i found a guy on car domain who has one which is made into a racecar and has a list of parts he used cusco ones fit his so will have to measure up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

hi all

would anybody know somewhere a good site or that ,where i could source performance parts for a jap import such as strut bars and the like

would appreciate any help

try researching the parts, benifits then finding the correct ones for you means.

no need to be going crazy with the bling when everyone has nothing.

Pdfile wrote: »
    try researching the parts, benifits then finding the correct ones for you means.

no need to be going crazy with the bling when everyone has nothing.

ahh yes im just looking for one that fits ,not something thats blinging or expensive,its just hard because not alot of dealers or other suppliers no the car so they dont know what size and how many bolts are there ,ill just have to measure it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

One of your best bets might be to look for websites of companies in the US. I've an rx-8 and all parts and plugs and everything are wicked expensive here. For example, a set of spark plugs from a mazda dealer here costs me €290. In the US I can get the same thing including postage for €80.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

One of your best bets might be to look for websites of companies in the US. I've an rx-8 and all parts and plugs and everything are wicked expensive here. For example, a set of spark plugs from a mazda dealer here costs me €290. In the US I can get the same thing including postage for €80.

Have you been caught by customs at all? There are a few parts I want for my car and it's looking like the only place I can get them is America :mad:

Any mechanical parts/body styling accessories I've ordered have never been taxed or held by customs.

I got a AccessPort for my car which is a handheld computer which connects to the ECU via an OBDII port. That cost me €700 + €120 for tax. As far as I can understand, they only tax tech stuff. Then again I could have just been lucky with the mechanical parts.

• Advertisement

OP just make your your buying the best parts available, i know times are tight and all but if you tighten your pockets it will show...

if modifing cars was cheap, everyone would do it. :pac:

good idea thanks ,are you serious about the spark plugs ive never seen any at that price and i have too buy 5,allthough maybe you have more cylinders than me ,how many cylinders in the rx-8

the best place ive ever got parts for my car was ep mooneys ,japautospares quoted me 400 odd for a distributor one time and ep mooneys 265.

if only they opened an ep mooneys performance parts place ,thatd be awesome ha ha

good idea thanks ,are you serious about the spark plugs ive never seen any at that price and i have too buy 5,allthough maybe you have more cylinders than me ,how many cylinders in the rx-8

the best place ive ever got parts for my car was ep mooneys ,japautospares quoted me 400 odd for a distributor one time and ep mooneys 265.

if only they opened an ep mooneys performance parts place ,thatd be awesome ha ha

The RX-8 doesn't have ANY cylinders :) It's a rotary engine. It's got 2 chambers in each of which, a triangular-shaped rotor spins around. The plugs are so expensive because it's a unique engine and therefore needs unique plugs. Since this is the case, they (Mazda) really can charge what they like because some people think the only place you can get them is at a Mazda dealership. Not me, it ALWAYS pays off to shop around!

BTW, are you a Rammstein fan? Your username seems to be a mixture of words I would associate with them...Metzgemeister, Engel and Rammstein.....

The RX-8 doesn't have ANY cylinders :) It's a rotary engine. It's got 2 chambers in each of which, a triangular-shaped rotor spins around. The plugs are so expensive because it's a unique engine and therefore needs unique plugs. Since this is the case, they (Mazda) really can charge what they like because some people think the only place you can get them is at a Mazda dealership. Not me, it ALWAYS pays off to shop around!

BTW, are you a Rammstein fan? Your username seems to be a mixture of words I would associate with them...Metzgemeister, Engel and Rammstein.....

yes it has a washing machine engine,

all you must do is order your parts from where their popular ( US being an ample example. )

and i never used ep moneys, will get mates to qoute from their in future.

sounds cool ,what power do they put out ,not a big fan of the look of that car though i have too say but sometimes its not all about that ,but it is unique which i like ,like my own .

i do like rammstein,however the username is in reference to an edgar allen poe story .

Pdfile wrote: »
    yes it has a washing machine engine,

all you must do is order your parts from where their popular ( US being an ample example. )

and i never used ep moneys, will get mates to qoute from their in future.

mooneys are great to deal with ,unfortunaly at the moment they are in a bit of trouble and closed due to the state of things in the country ,but they may come through it,i hope so anyway ,

sorry dont know if you knew that or not

Mooneys are gone aren't they? I order stuff from the US because it's so much cheaper (even when it is taxed) and I can fit everything myself which is a great way of cutting down costs :)

Mooneys are gone aren't they? I order stuff from the US because it's so much cheaper (even when it is taxed) and I can fit everything myself which is a great way of cutting down costs :)

well they are ,but still honouring the last of customers as good as they can ,i had some stuff ordered and the guy in parts is still gonna get them to me so kudo's for that ,

and they dont know what will happen at the very end ,time will tell .

yea its great when you can do your own fitting ,i can do some stuff and have learned myself by just doing it ,but some things i wouldnt mess with ,especially cos the parts are expensive for mine and can take long to arrive so i leave it to a pro

can i ask where you get your parts from the us ,and do they do honda parts or just mazda or do ya know anywhere in the us for honda

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭bgm13

www.32tuning.com

Fantastic site and based here in Ireland! :D

• Advertisement

bgm13 wrote: »
    www.32tuning.com

Fantastic site and based here in Ireland! :D

limited supply for certain models is quite annoying, though i know some parts are usable in different models and such... still

your always going to have more stock then you sell.

can i ask where you get your parts from the us ,and do they do honda parts or just mazda or do ya know anywhere in the us for honda

Sorry I took so long to reply to this. It's a site called rotaryfx.com and they only supply parts for the RX-8. If you visit US Honda owners forums I'm sure you'll find something similar. The US is full of companies like that.

cool thanks

will have a look ,mooneys are back open under hyundai by the way they are trying to still get the honda stuff but will have to see

Advertisement