Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson W995!

• 30-11-2009 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, thinking of getting the Sony Ericsson W995 tomorrow. So guess im just wondering is it a good phone?
    Really dont know much about phones.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

Fairly bland question. For some people it could be good, others not so good. What do you use your phone for?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Sorry.
    Ok, i wants a good camera, i like to listen to alot of music, so good sound quality.
    I would like bluetooth, and a good memory. Also the phone i have now is very slow to connect to the net,but i dont know if this is the phone or the network your on.
    Like i said i dont know much about phones, so looking at this, it looks ok, but i just wanted some opinions on it.
    Also it's just for personal use.
    thanks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

hey JG!

my mother got this phone only the other week. cameras actually one of the better cameras on phones.

memory can be bought as an m2 card and plugged into the side of the phone, 4gb would set you back about 25 euro or so for the m2 cards.

only thing im not a fan of is the size. its bulkier than most phones out there, but you're getting a fantastic camera in it. the w595 is a rather good phone, with smaller and thinner body, camera is still decent and the software is good on it too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I read reviews where they said the camera was rubbish,maybe some people are to picky though when it comes to camera's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

memory can be bought as an m2 card and plugged into the side of the phone, 4gb would set you back about 25 euro or so for the m2 cards.

Comes with a 8gb card AFAIR :)

Great phone, a decent package for its size.

After reading lots and lots of reviews I was put off this phone due to its poor sliding mechanism, people said that it only lasted them a few months beofre it became 'wonky'. Apparantly it gets scratched easily and the LENS is cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I read reviews where they said the camera was rubbish,maybe some people are to picky though when it comes to camera's.

cameras in phones are rubbish in general tbh. the w995 is the best of a bad bunch. its good compared to most other phones in the same price/brand range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

joes girls wrote: »
    Sorry.
    Ok, i wants a good camera, i like to listen to alot of music, so good sound quality.
    I would like bluetooth, and a good memory. Also the phone i have now is very slow to connect to the net,but i dont know if this is the phone or the network your on.
    Like i said i dont know much about phones, so looking at this, it looks ok, but i just wanted some opinions on it.
    Also it's just for personal use.
    thanks.

I have mine about 3 months, and tbh, i'm very happy with it. the camera is good, i won't rave about it, i had the c902 before it and was happy with that and this just seems like a natural progression.

loads of memory, 8gb included as mentioned in a previous post (i'll be in the market for a 16gb soon enough). i use it for music daily in the car which streams perfectly to the stereo via A2DP (bluetooth). The headphones are very good and the bundled speaker attachment is a sweet addition.

browsing is very quick once you're in a 3G/HSPA covered area. i assume your current phone isn't compatible with these technologies, hence the slow connection. Wifi is also a handy feature, i don't use it too often though. GPS is also in there but i've never used it.

It can also be used for calls and texts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Thanks all, still not sure.
    Theteal you have had no problems with it, and that was what i was looking for, so i think it will do!
    Thanks again all:)

Advertisement