Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Corolla Mirror & Motor needs repair

Options
  • 30-11-2009 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi Folks
    Anyone know where I can get the electric mirror on an 03 Corolla repaired? Tapped it off a pole on a narrow road, didn't break the the actual casing but the mirror cracked and now it can only move up and down now, not side to side!

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭8vjohn

I'd pop off the cracked glass and see if the motor turns in all directions then.
    Failing that steer clear of main dealers and opt for your local scrap yard. They might even have one in your colour!
    HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dimbodoyle

Thanks 8vjohn!

Might try that, am not too good with cars, though I know i could get the right one off ebay for about €60 as compared to the 290 the dealer wants to charge me!

Forgot to mention I am living in Killiney so if anyone knows a good one clsoe by that would be great

Is that 60 for the motor or what?
    Try micksgarage.ie too

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dimbodoyle

60 for the enclosure, motor plus the mirror. Think I will buy Irish though!

Am reading up to see if I could do the job myself. Would make a nice change to be able to fix the car myself!

Seems like a good price although sometimes spurious parts won't be of the same quality and fit as genuine items.
    Should be a few guides on line, good luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement