Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oz - 2nd WHV trouble

Options
  • 30-11-2009 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi,

My sister is currently employed in Oz, first WHV is going to expire shortly...

She has applied for 2nd visa but... a mistake was made by her regional employer - no end date was filled in.

So basically she filled in the end date to make up the 88 days (which she didn't do, did about 75 days all told). Trouble started due to the fact that she left Oz for a little trip abroad, which was during those 88 days, therefore immigration know that she could not have done the required 88 days.

So she left the country before those 88 days were completed, as far as immigration are concerned she could only have done 83 or there abouts.

She's not looking do anything illegal, just looking to try and make things right !

I'm not sure what to advise her:

Come clean with immigration, say that mistakes were made and see if she can now go and make up the remaining days (still has a few weeks remaining on first visa).

Go to her current employer and see if they can do anything

anyone else got any suggestions

Immigration have given her 28 days to get back to them

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Come clean with immigration. They are in the process of a crack down on 2nd whv's and have a keen eye on Irish ones. There is a thread on it here in the last few weeks.

If she is required to do 88 days then that what she has to do, she cant lie on an DIAC form by simply putting 88 days when she only did 75.

There only ever will be one answer on this forum. In every case obey the laws of Australia. DIAC are not monsters if they can fix it they will. Honesty is the only advice I can or will give.

I wish your sister the best. Is there a chance she can go back and do a few more days to bring her tally up. Even for free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

She's not looking do anything illegal, just looking to try and make things right !

She's trying to get her second WHV illegally. This is why DIAC is cracking down on the Irish in the first place :rolleyes:

Advertisement