Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cam'ron...

• 30-11-2009 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

...should be hideously beaten and executed for his verse on 'Popular Demand' - awful, just horrible.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Thats putting it lightly! At first I thought it was some guy rammbling between the Clipse' verses, but no its actually a verse! ''Call me uncle Caaaam, i attack 'em, like uncle Saaaam'' haha wtf! Worse verse ive heard all year

I still really the track but im not sure what they were thinking including that rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Couldn't agree more. I like Cam'ron quite a lot but what he did to that magnificent track is a crime against hip hop. I mentioned it on twitter yesterday.

Conversely Kanye West actually did a very respectable guest verse. I usually cringe whenever he raps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Par for the course for Cam really!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Most of the guests are weak. Weak enough album in general unfortunately.

They should have kept it all Neptunes production. It almost was already so they should have gone the whole hog and not dilute it. They're already trying to do a few new things like club tracks and more upbeat content so the album sounds a bit scrappy.

Cam'ron is really good sometimes. But don't know what he was doing here though. I like Rick Ross as well but he doesn't belong on a Clipse album.

I'm bitching somewhat unnecessarily though. Most of this album is ****ing whopper. Door Man makes me have to turn my speakers up to max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

They should have kept it all Neptunes production. It almost was already so they should have gone the whole hog and not dilute it. They're already trying to do a few new things like club tracks and more upbeat content so the album sounds a bit scrappy.

Cam'ron is really good sometimes. But don't know what he was doing here though. I like Rick Ross as well but he doesn't belong on a Clipse album.

I'm bitching somewhat unnecessarily though. Most of this album is ****ing whopper. Door Man makes me have to turn my speakers up to max.

Huh? Clipse have always done club tracks! First album had some great club songs like grindin (although maybe not intended as such), when's the last time, and even some for the ladies like ma i don't love her. The beauty of the Clipse was they could do catchy radio friendly songs while still being themselves and without compromisins the style or substance. Sure hell hath was a bit dark, but it still had me me too (or drop it like its hot part 2), wamp wamp dirty money etc.

Hell Hath No Fury didn't sell very well. They often complain about it so even if they were aiming for their own brand of club track I think it didn't go down too well commercially. They've switched up their flows on a couple of the new tracks, they're faster tempo this time. Subject matter is a bit lighter as well. I'm not complaining about it or anything, but there's definitely a change.

Hell Hath No Fury didn't sell very well. They often complain about it so even if they were aiming for their own brand of club track I think it didn't go down too well commercially. They've switched up their flows on a couple of the new tracks, they're faster tempo this time. Subject matter is a bit lighter as well. I'm not complaining about it or anything, but there's definitely a change.

well that wasn't their fault. that was a great album, not one bad track on it. it was a bit darker than lord willin' alright, but still very accessible. i think the problem was promotion - they were never allowed to capitalise fully of the hype for lord willin, and i don't think it was pitched very well.

HHNF is a masterpiece. One of the best albums of the decade any genre. I'm just saying I'd like a full album of Neptune produced stuff like that because single producer albums are so rare in this genre. Most of the best ones have one guy or team handling everything from start to finish.

It's only nit picking though because it's still 3/4rs Neptunes. I just wonder why they didn't go the whole hog in that case. I've never even heard of those other producers anyway.

I've never even heard of those other producers anyway.

You're taking the piss right?

I might add, Sean C and LV had probably the best beat on the album with the opener. Most of The Neptunes beats are too soft, too soulless and incomparable to their stellar work on HHNF. If anything the album proves the Clipse should stay the **** away from The Neptunes in future.

• Advertisement

I'll be the first to admit my knowlege of producers is lacking. I need to broaden my hip hop listening habits. Looking back on their producing discography and I haven't listened to much of their stuff, or wasn't aware it was them who produced it. Whether or not the Neptunes beats are lacking this time around, I think they don't mix that well with the warmer stuff.

Sean C & LV almost entirely produced Jay-Z's 'American Gangster', amongst a ****load of other work over the past 15 or so years. DJ Khalil is hardly unknown either.

To be honest, only Khalil joints i've know of are slaughterhouse's the one and cuckoo - one hit, one miss!

Anyway, just heard popeyes, and as much as i wanted to give Cam the benefit of the doubt, that **** was terrible! pulls down what was otherwise a pretty good song.

i can just imagine malice and pusha in the studio when they first heard that verse, trying to figure out the best way of getting a refund or exchange before the 28 days are up!

feck, just listening to some of this now - from what i've heard, its pretty ****ing great! somehow they have even managed to make the combination of pharrell's crooning and rick ross sound good, two things i never thought i'd rate!

Although if they are hoping for major sales, they're shooting themselves in the foot with this video!

Still, how gangsta are these dudes! they're even cooking crack in their videos!

So well over a year and a half later, has anybody else changed their minds about Cam'rons verse on Popular Demand?

Was listening to this song on repeat over the weekend. Still ****ing amazing! Hated Cam's verse at first, but now think the flow is genius. Malice also kills it (as usual).

Great to see Pusha going solo, if for nothing but to be able to appreciate his skills without having to compare him to his older brother!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Camron and Dipset are probably the worst thing to happen to NY hip hop since murder inc. Overrated rapper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

I did a complete 180 on Cam's verse and Cam's music in general, still don't really like the first couple of bars in this verse, but everything else is fine

Really looking forward to that Pusha solo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

pusha t is quailty hands down his last mixtape was class it was like an album, brilliant singing for kanye, also cant wait for the album.

on cam and dipset im a fan but we all know none of them are real lryicists so i wouldnt be too shocked if i heard an awful verse from cam as he gave plenty throughout his career along with the rest of dipset, julez and jimmy are average at best and max b was something different but he is gone and will be lucky to see the light of day again for what he got done for.

on the plus side is anyone listining to cam's new artists vado? im liking a few of his songs and he is actually well able to spit...

Advertisement