Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Dragoon

Options
  • 30-11-2009 3:57pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Alright you sick ****s! I want you's to tell me why you like this game. I know I'm quite vocal when it comes to Final Fantasy VII but I can understan why people love it. No matter how much nitpicking I do it's still a fantastic game. Legend of Dragoon on the other has no redeeming qualities. I wasted 65 hours of my life on that game, one of the biggest regrets of my life. I know people say there's no accounting for taste but whoever said that never played legend of dragoon. Frankly anyone thinks it's good is as wrong as Lois Lane in the last Superman movie. Here's my friend Kevin Spacey to say what he thinks of you all:

lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

You know who you are and you should all be beaten to death with a copy of Persona 3.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No takers? How very disappointing but I'd expect nothing less from fans of LoD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I need to find a copy so i can play it. It would help if people stop trying to sell it for €80 on ebay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

VOLCANO!

I forgot how bad the engrish is in that game. Shocking stuff. I searched on google to see if Jeremy Parish had anything to say about the game. The only quote I found was:
    Perhaps unsurprisingly, Legend of Dragoon offers the single most awful name imaginable -- a name so intrinsically terrible that everyone I've mentioned it to has burst out laughing. Thanks, Sony, for an RPG so lousy we're still laughing about it nearly a decade later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Rod Typhoon!

I'm not sure what it was about the game, i just remember enjoying it back in the day. I liked some of the characters, and the Dragoon's were interesting enough. Its been a long time though, so i cant really remember much about it. I do remember a lot of random battles, though i've played games with more (Skies of Arcadia comes to mind, even if it was a fantastic game).

Skies of arcadia had a great battle system. You can only attack and use items in legend of dragoon. You can use spells when in dragoon form but thats more like a limit break than anything and only useful for boss battles.

You were probably young and foolish when you played it and didn't have much experience with good JRPGs. I played anything that was a JRPG as well not matter how bad it was. This game nearly killed gaming for me. Thank god Metroid Prime came along and reminded me that games weren't all soul destroying pap like LoD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I played it about 5 years ago and have to admit, i did enjoy what i played. I'm not gonna say it was groundbreaking or as fantastic as FFVII or anything :D

I thought that the story wasn't bad, although i did get a deja vu when
    Lavitz was killed, just reminded me of Aeris getting killed

but apart from that the story was entertaining enough to keep me interested.

The battle system was never hugely complicated but it had enough versitilty to keep me interested. I was endeared to the characters and the world but then again I am a big child.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭inFamouxe

Ahhhh old days... :rolleyes: I remember when i was 11 when i played this game, one of my favourite rpg game... :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I thought it had a good story line and some good characters,I must fire it up again :).

Final Fantasy VII's story and characters are like high literature compared to this game. You people have no taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Final Fantasy VII's story and characters are like high literature compared to this game. You people have no taste.

I was going to say the boss music is cool but I've looked at Ys 7 boss fights recently and that is good boss music

• Advertisement

Falcom games always have excellent money. They probably make more money from their soundtracks than the games. Still for boss music nothing beats this beauty from Panzer Dragoon Orta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Wait, is this game worth a bit on ebay? I never played it but I think there is a copy left at home in my parents house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Have to say I really enjoyed the this game back in the day.

I liked the characters, the setting and the backstory. I also didnt see one of the twists in the story coming.

I found the addition system made turn based combat less tedious.

I think Retro is being far to hard on the game, I can understand not liking the game but I cant see where it did things wrong to warrent such distain.

I remember thinking at the time it was refreshing from the typical jrpg at the time, though i was young.

Have been trying to pick this up for awhile but the price on ebay is abit ridiclous for the pal version.

If anyone has a copy their looking to unload, throw me a PM.

It's unoriginal, boring, vapid, soulless and a complete waste of time. Maybe you were starved of JRPGs after FFVII at the time but me and most of the intrawebs and hardcore gaming 101 agree that it's a ****ty title worthy of ridicule. The battle system requires nothing except hitting attack and taking part in a stupid minigame. Every single time! Also the framerate is so bad that the timing can be thrown completely off. You have toi press attack well before the square is around the centre square for it to work. Madness.

VOLCANO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭SoulReaperDan1

I think this was one of the first jrpgs I ever played, before final fantasy viii which introduced me to a real one. A demo of it came with the official Irish Playstation Magazine (anyone?) and even then I remember thinking the story was naff. I did think the graphics were amongst the best I had ever seen though....how times have a'changed

I only bought 1 issue of the official irish playstation magazine and only because it had an exclusive review of FFIX. It was an absolute rag. The writing was dreadful and the reviews were so badly written, in fact the FFIX review could possibly bw the worst review I've ever read. Kept saying it was so close to FFVII. Must have been a different review they were playing because FFIX was trying to get away from FFVII as much as possible.

As for Legend of Dragoon, playing it is like being bukakked with fail.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Alright you sick ****s! I want you's to tell me why you like this game. I know I'm quite vocal when it comes to Final Fantasy VII but I can understan why people love it. No matter how much nitpicking I do it's still a fantastic game. Legend of Dragoon on the other has no redeeming qualities. I wasted 65 hours of my life on that game, one of the biggest regrets of my life. I know people say there's no accounting for taste but whoever said that never played legend of dragoon. Frankly anyone thinks it's good is as wrong as Lois Lane in the last Superman movie. Here's my friend Kevin Spacey to say what he thinks of you all:

lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

You know who you are and you should all be beaten to death with a copy of Persona 3.

Best game ever and you know it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

It's an OK game, I enjoyed playing it

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

It almost looks as bad as the Wild Arms battle screen.

God... Wild Arms, never has a game been lovely in so many ways: beautiful towns, traditional world map, nice heros (with nice personalities, for RPG's), lovely battle system where each player has their own system for learning skills, a few side quests, interactable mini platform-ish areas. I though it was all lovely.

oh and the TERRIBLE BATTLE GRAPHICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the funniest thing was when they remade it (alter F) I though "lovely; fix the glitching, and for god sake bring ther battle screen graphics up to scratch"

...and then they went and ruined the lovely 2D towns, with ugly, cheap 3D bricky messes :rolleyes:

all that game needed was better graphics in the fighting screen(and to not suddenly pause mid-game 6 hours from the last save point) and it would have been a match for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

I wouldnt mind playing this dragoon though, Rpg's can be really tacky and ****, but sometimes they're really warm and fuzzy, and engaging. Among my fondest memories ever are breath of fire 3, Wild arms, and Grandia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I played it on release way back when and it seemed like it was made by people who had watched too much Power Rangers and read about, but not played, Final Fantasy VII.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I only bought 1 issue of the official irish playstation magazine and only because it had an exclusive review of FFIX. It was an absolute rag. The writing was dreadful and the reviews were so badly written, in fact the FFIX review could possibly bw the worst review I've ever read. Kept saying it was so close to FFVII. Must have been a different review they were playing because FFIX was trying to get away from FFVII as much as possible.

As for Legend of Dragoon, playing it is like being bukakked with fail.

I can actually understand that given 8 had come in between...a little.

If you had read the review you would know how bad it was. I basically still had no clue about the game after reading it. They give positives and negatives and the end of the review and the only negative was 'too similar to FFVII'. A monkey could write better reviews. Actually a waster like me has written better reviews! :)

Advertisement